First MotorStorm: Apocalypse dev diary explains Festival Mode

Friday, 7th January 2011 14:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

motrostormapocalypse

In the first developer diary for MotorStorm: Apocalypse, Evolution Studios discusses festival Mode in the game.

The game is described by the developers as being just as “rough and rugged” as previous games in the series, if not “more so”. Wicked.

Festival Mode is the main single-player part of the game with three different difficulties, where you race around on the beaches, through the city with buildings falling down around you, sewer tunnels, and more all within a story-driven campaign. Whatever happens in one race, follows you into the next race.

Watch it below.

MotorStorm: Apocalypse is slated for a late spring release on PS3.

1. themadjock

Nice

2. Erthazus

That was fucking insane. After this dev diary i’m excited about it 3 times. Graphics for the arcade racing game looks top Notch.

Twisted Metal 2011 looks like shit for retail release after this.

I’m so exctited about this. Who doesn’t?

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Yeah, I was already excited bout this title, but this video sealed the deal. Looks absolutely amazing. Can’t fucking wait.

4. Hayabusa

”Guerilla Games should learn from them. They’ve done more then these guys in the terms of scale or using Playstation 3 system.”

What the f*ck are you talking about?

OT: Game looks amazing. Excited for this one.

5. get2sammyb

Played this in the Summer and it was pretty sensational. The Alpha code looked better than most retail releases. Also, don’t write off the 3D support. It’s the best 3D I’ve seen in a game.

6. Johnny Cullen

It looked brilliant when I seen it in Germany last August. Best 3D I’ve seen for a game yet.

Looking forward to it.

7. theevilaires

@ 2 are you insane.

I think Guerilla has done a much better job hitting their target render than Evolution.

2005 Motorstorm target render

2011 Motorstorm (3) Apocalypse

2005 Killzone target render

2011 Killzone 3

So yea I think you’re wrong. Evolution better show more impressive results on PS4 or off with their euro heads!

8. StolenGlory

“Off with their Euro heads” lmao.

9. Erthazus

@7 These are just trailers.

I’m saying it from the gameplay perspective. You need to show me these Killzone 3 screenshots that look awful?

Yeah, Killzone 3 Story trailer is impressive no doubt about that, but it is the ONLY one that is impressive, while Motorstorm already have a lot to show where everything blows and looks crisp.

“off with their euro heads!”

so you would know. Guerilla headquarters are in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
    all Killzone games are developed by Euros there.

10. get2sammyb

@7 and @9: Or we could just agree both games are looking pretty good? It’s pointless comparing — they are different games, from different developers, in different genres, with different gameplay mechanics.

11. Erthazus

@10 I’m comparing just a scale and what was done in it. It feels just impressive.

12. theevilaires

“so you would know. Guerilla headquarters are in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
    all Killzone games are developed by Euros there”.

Uhhh yea I’ve know that since SONY bought them. Actually I’ve known that since I first Killzone in OPM ten years ago so whats you point? A euro is still a fucking euro to me. Should I have said off with evolution euro heads?

13. Johnny Cullen

I’m going to be controversial and say Evolution met their E3 render more so then Guerrilla.

*OHNOHEDIDNT

14. OrbitMonkey

@12 Fucking colonials, always with the chip on their shoulder *sips iced tea, nibbles cucumber sandwich*

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster

**walks in room, discovers yet another sausage eating contest**

…ummmmm……YEAH…the game looks f’ing amazing!!

16. guapo

LOL @ OHNOHEDIDNT :)

17. The_Deleted

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully it will take the teaser Split/ Second gave us and multiply it.
    Love Motorstorm games… but I do suck at them.