Sega just announced its Shogun 2 pre-order incentives for the UK, detailing where to buy and what you’ll get if you charge in early.
Standard Edition – available from launch
Limited Edition – available now from most online stockists
Collector’s Edition – Pre-order the Collector’s Edition (which includes a copy of the game, a figurine and a limited edition artbook) of Total War: Shogun 2 here.
There is also a previously unannounced Chess Set Edition, available at Game.co.uk.
- Exclusive chess set – A high quality Shogun 2: Total War themed chess set. The chess set is made from bamboo, and features individually hand-painted figures
- Exclusive ninja clan – the Hattori clan are masters of the Iga-ryu ninjutsu – a unique collection of martial skills and guerrilla techniques. This additional in-game faction is only available in the Limited Edition and includes the most powerful battlefield ninja units.
- Extra historical scenario – The Battle of Nagashino saw an alliance between the Oda and Tokugawa clans clashing against the legendary Takeda clan in 1575. Takeda was ultimately defeated but, as in all Total War battles, victory lies in your hands and by playing one of these three factions you can repeat history… or even rewrite it!
- Special armour for your avatar – this complete set of armour will make your General’s avatar stand out on the battlefield and will reward you with the Bad Omen retainer that affects morale to enemy ashigaru (foot soldier) units, giving you a competitive advantage online.
- Bank account of XP for your avatar – only the Limited Edition owners will be able to start their General’s avatar at a higher level, with instant access to one upgrade point to spend on special skills or traits.
The game, the latest in Creative Assembly’s Total War series, releases in March for PC.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.