Final Steam ‘Give and Get’ lot features Mafia II, Metro 2033, DiRT 2 for $5

Monday, 29th November 2010 20:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mafiaII

Dear Valve: stop taking our money. Signed, us.

Steam’s thrown up the final batch of games it has for its Give and Get sale.

How does Mafia II sound for under $40? DiRT 2 for $5? Metro 2033 for $10? Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for friggin $2.50? All good? Great.

There’s a whole list of games over on Shack.

Just be sure to have enough money to get by for Christmas, New Year’s and all that junk.

1. metamorphic

“How does Mafia II sound for under $40?”
    Not very good at all, actually (also given that the console versions were on sale for about $30-35 a few days ago). If it were under $5, I would consider it, but the game in itself is a major disappointment and mess.

2. DSB

^^ Absolutely 100% agree.

I’d hit it for 10 euro, but 5 euro would be a lot more appropriate, given that all the worthwhile content is hidden behind the DLC paywall.

Dirt 2 definitely isn’t worth 5 bucks either.

Still, aside from the last 48 hours, it’s been a terrific sale for me at least.

And Cullen is totally right – There’s gonna be an xmas sale too!

3. Hunam

The Mafia 2 discount is embarrasing to be honest, I think I payed about that much for it (£22) at retail on day of release for the steam enabled PC version.

4. Yoshi

As much as I like Steam and deals, this time there wasn’t any deals that really stood out to me as a must buy.

5. IL DUCE

I think you guys are being a bit too hard on Mafia II…I played it on the X Box 360 and I couldn’t put it down, the story was very good as well as the game play despite some wonky aiming, and the graphics maybe could have been a bit better with shadow detail and non-facial textures, but besides that I thought the game was good for what it was…I only rented it though and beat it in 12-15 hours, but it was a good narrative-driven 3rd person shooter. Plus who didn’t like finding those Playboy centerfolds lol. That Metro deal is very good though, the game is very underrated, it’s not perfect but definitely worth a try for fans of post-apocalyptic horror shooters.

6. Uncontested

getting metro and kotor (which i had and played on xbox original years ago, but sold all that) out of this.. thought about mafia.. but ill just wait till its in the bargin bin someplace for 5 bucks on console lol

7. back_up

PC gamers are pirates they will get it for free