Splinter Cell HD remakes confirmed by Ubisoft

Wednesday, 17th November 2010 12:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

samfisher

Ubisoft’s confirmed it’ll released the first three Splinter Cell titles in HD.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed the news in its conference call for its first-half FY2011 financials earlier this week.

Platforms or timeline weren’t mentioned.

It was previously rumoured that a collection featuring the first Splinter Cell as well as Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory would appearĀ for PS3.

Ubisoft released yesterday the first Prince of Persia for PS2, Sands of Time, for PSN in HD and 3D. That and the two fellow PS2 titles after it release in Europe on Blu-ray on Friday.

It’s the latest in a series of digital revivals from the publisher following news back inĀ September of the original Beyond Good and Evil releasing on PSN and XBLA next year.

Thanks, IGN and Alex.

1. Tallon 4

Great! Loved those games.

2. locus2k1

If the spies vs mercs comes on the collection it’s a day one for me, absolutely loved the MP back in the day

3. naffgeek

Hope they come to xbl.

I was too impatient for stealth games back then, just wanted to shoot the shit out of everything.

Much more my kind of thing now.

4. itsucks

If its HD ports of the shitty PS2 abortions, then they can shove it up their arses.

5. M2Kx

I’ll pass, have the xbox originals here.

6. Crysis

How come the latest Splinter Cell never made it onto the PS3? MS pay for it to be exclusive?

7. Erthazus

“MS pay for it to be exclusive?”

Such a stupid question. Go watch Microsoft’s E3 2009.

8. Crysis

@4 What’s your point in this Anti-Sony crusade? Is Microsoft paying you? If not, your life is fucking sad if you think slandering a coporation 24/7 is ‘fun’.
    @7 No such thing as a stupid quetion unless the person asking it already knows the answer, don’t know unless you ask…

& on a completely different ide not, if i post anything sentence & it’s mising an ‘S’, it’s not because i’m stupid, but because my S key is a little sticky, i need a new Keyboard.

9. daytripper

@8 although hes a complete tool there are plenty others you could say that to on here aswell

10. Stardog

Is this the Ubisoft that has to create something original every time, so they ruin a great series? Conviction is one of the worst games of 2010.

I hope Ubisoft fold.

11. DJ Deathstar

Is this PS3 only? I absolutely loved the multiplayer in Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory, the atmosphere was immense! I really want it on xbox, but i might end up buying a ps3 next year still i’d rather play with my friends on live

12. Kaufer

I only played the first one on the PS2. I think its finally time to jump into the rest of the franchise.

13. Gekidami

The only one i’ve played was Double Agent, and it was utter trash.

14. DJ Deathstar

Yeah Double Agent is easily the worst game, the first 3 are all brilliant games

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster

First three were the best. I’ll pick this up for sure! :)

16. theevilaires

Bought them all on XBOX never played one :D Chaos Theory is still in the plastic MINT CONDITION! Guess I was destined to play these on PS3 with trophies :) Oh and Ubi hurry up with that superior port to Convictions will you. Its been almost a year since it flopped on 360.

17. osric90

Does this men that Final Fantasy and MGS HD remakes are REALLY cmoing to PS3? Every rumor about this stuff is turning out to be true! MGS 1, VR, 2S, 3S for PS3 please!! And if possible MGS PO and PW later!!