PSP Go cut to £129 in the UK

Saturday, 13th November 2010 06:47 GMT By Patrick Garratt

pspgo7

Sony UK has further reduced the cost of PSP Go, bringing the handheld down to £129 from the £160 it reduced it to at the end of October.

As you can see on the UK Sony store, PSP Go is now listed at £129, and is available in both black and white.

The machine was officially dropped to £159.99, down from £199.99, on October 25.

The ongoing price-cutting on PSP Go is being made in barely contained talk of a swiftly incoming PSP2, development kits of which have been in the wild since early 2010.

PSP2, according to multiple sources, has front and back cameras, a trackpad on its rear and an HD screen. It’s heading for a late 2011 release.

In the meantime, though, you might want to give the Go a shot. If you can get the VAT back, it’s only £109.79. That’s not so bad, right?

Thanks, Lewie.

1. Syrok

“Sony cut the cost of PSP Go globally on the same day. The new price for the digital-only handheld is ¥16,800 ($200/£132) in Japan, while the American price was reduced to $199, down from $249.”

And in Euro?

(I’m going to do this until you include the Euro prices automatically. ;) )

2. KAP

SCEE CEO: “Right guys, we need to steal Microsofts Kinect thunder, how on earth are we gonna do that?”

*Silence*

SCEE Intern: “Oh. I know. Why dont we drop the price of the…..”

SCEE CEO: “… the PSPgo to £129.99″

SCEE Intern: “No no, thats not what i meant!”

SCEE CEO: “Great job mate, great job, keep it up and one day you’ll be sitting in my chair son *wink*”

SCEE Intern: “……”

3. Rhythm

That US-GBP price conversion makes the Kinect look a bit shitty. MS reckon $150 = £130 :-D

Either way, this is actually pretty fucking tempting. Did I hear right when I heard the the downloadable ten-pack is still valid for PSP Go devices sold before January?

4. Syrok

Yup, it is running until the end of January 11.

5. Rhythm

Bah, the Sony Store website shows that the price for my area is actually £149. :-(

6. Robo_1

£129.

I can feel the common sense draining out of me…

7. manamana

Isn’t the PSPgo the ultimate piracy device? I mean the PSN store is way overpriced and lacks of unique minigames a la App-Store. It lacks games after all, its far from being complete.

I really wish for a PSP2 and with it an upgraded, innovative and snappier PSN-Store.

8. Chris2pher_Jack

You Euros seriously think big corporations rip you off? we Australians’ pay $89-$119 for a brand new game, & currently the Aussie Dollar is on parity with the US Dollar, consider yourselves lucky!
    Regarding the PSP2, I just want it to keep at a competitive price (unlike the PS3 launch), with full PSP/1/2 playback, additional stick, 2 additional shoulder buttons (1 on each side), a few AAA launch titles & decent 3rd party support, that’s a lot to ask for, but if it’s missing any of these, it won’t be an instant sale for me.

9. manamana

Must be the Kerosene price premium ;-)

10. Catkiller

Still expensive to get shit like PSPGo… This digital media only based shit is a HUUUGE mistake, SONY

11. Chris2pher_Jack

Yes, exactly why we get 10 free games with the PSPgo, not all are total shit btw :D still have it under consideration, but the PSP2 rumours are killing any chance of me getting one.

12. AHA-Lambda

this is at least a reasonable price, now all they need to do is lower ti under the psp – 3000 and fix their horrible support on the ps store

13. freedoms_stain

If 4 of the 10 free games weren’t racing games I’d probably go for this. If God of War and the Final Fantasy Games were on the list I’d be entering my credit card details instead of typing this.

14. Yoshi

I would get this right now, if 1.The playstation store prices weren’t so bad and 2.If there were more better games

15. 2plus2equals5

I already have the psp, but for that price i can’t even buy 10 games, so i’m really tempted.
    Probably the psp2 will have psp bc only with dd games, and this is another reason for the pspgo…

16. Chris2pher_Jack

Surprised no one made a UMD add on for the PSPgo, also surprised no one made a ps2 add on for the PS3 so that Sony can distribute ps2 games on PSN, as long as they make VERY clear what you need (either the add on or the 1st or 2nd version of the PS3)

17. back_up

worth for $99

18. undeadwolfy

Add another log to the fire of which is the upcoming PSP2. Things are heating up.

19. g00nerz

There’s only 2 reasons when a price drops like this.

1. A new model is coming out
    2. Sales are crap

I think both apply to the PSPgo.

One of these reasons also applies to kinect judging by yesterdays price drops is the UK, I’ll let you work out which one.

20. Psychotext

Kinect had price drops in the UK yesterday? You got any links? I want to pick one up for xmas.