Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit trailer shows off Seacrest County

Thursday, 4th November 2010 10:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

nfshp

Awesomeness confirmed. As if it wasn’t already.

EA’s released another new trailer of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

The trailer shows off some of the many terrains within Seacreast County, such as highway chases, coastal roads, desert straights, etc.

If you can drive it, it probably has it.

Watch it below (thanks, Big Download).

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit launches on November 16 in the US and November 19 on PS3, 360, PC and Wii.

1. Jan

I tried the Demo on Xbox and the controls are horrible, the car swings like a crazy and spin out so easy, is it just me or does others have hard controlling the car as well?

2. Jet Black

I was really dissapointed with the demo, maybe I was expecting too much after the constant flow of amazing videos. For me I found the choice of cars slow & unresponsive, It all felt a bit flat really…
    Oh well, back to Burnout Paradise…

3. themadjock

I disagree, after a few shots the car controls were fine and will probably get better with the higher marque cars. The autolog feature is great if your friends also get into it.

4. Blerk

The controls seemed kind of heavy compared to Burnout but I’d probably get used to them. Need to spend a bit more time with it, I think.

5. M2Kx

@1+2: That’s right! I guess the problem is, that I was looking forward to a burnout-like experience (=arcade racer to the bone), but it’s not and I don’t like it :/

6. Freek

Given how different the Porsche and the 350Z control in that demo I have a feeling it’s just a matter of finding the cars you like.
    It’s a little more tricky then Burnout but I was powersliding around corners after a few laps. I’m definetly picking this up.

7. themadjock

Let’s not forget the controls varied in Burnout Paradise as well depending on what car you used

8. DrDamn

The impression I’ve been given is that the later cars do become more responsive but the handling remains on the heavier side. I got used to the demo quite quickly, particularly when you use drifting to round the sharper corners (tap brake, back on gas then nitro through the exit). One fairly obvious point – it isn’t Burnout and isn’t meant to be. It’s a NfS game.

9. McLovin85

Played the demo twice and both times when I hit the car in first place it would go into the wall and then just keep accelerating into the wall, getting stuck while I raced ahead. I had to turn around and go back and smash into the car to destroy it. Poor quality demo so who knows what the finished game will be like. I’ll probably pick this up in the January sales.

10. Isaaclarke37

I liked the demo, hope you can change the weather conditions.

11. lindblum_resident

According to Digital Foundry, the switch from the 60fps of Burnout Paradise to 30fps of Hot Pursuit obviously brings a controller input delay but that the handling of the demo doesn’t have anything to do with it. More specifically, they mention that it’s just that these are the slower cars of the game with the handling in the faster cars being great.

12. Stoopid_Snot

absolutlly sadisfiede with the Demo and pre-ordered it already
    its just like NFS:HP and NFS:HP2 which are my favorite ones anyway so i just have to love this one :)