EA Q2 financials: Medal of Honor sells 2 million, FIFA 11 passes 8 million

Tuesday, 2nd November 2010 21:27 GMT By Johnny Cullen

moh

EA’s just announced ahead of its Q2 financial call Medal of Honor has sold 2 million units since its launch last month.

Further more, FIFA 11 has sold 8 million units worldwide since it release at the start of October.

EA also confirmed LtD numbers for the FIFA series as a whole, confirming it’s sold over 100 million units worldwide.

The call will begin shortly. We’ll bring you the latest from that when we get it.

More soon.

1. EscoBlades

2 million? Wow….that’s just…wow.

2. Haseef

WOAH!!! 8 million sold by FIFA?? …Here’s hoping Hot Pursuit does well and Autolog is successful

3. AHA-Lambda

dont they need 3m for the series to survive they said?

4. Johnny Cullen

2 million isn’t bad, tbh.

5. EscoBlades

It isn’t bad Johnny, but you and I both know that with the giddy numbers that FPS titles from the big boys post up nowadays, it is a tad embarrasing.

I knew FIFA had mass global appeal, but i personally believe that EA/DICE have underperformed, both in terms of the game itself, and its sales (which reflect that)

6. Patrick Garratt

Those FIFA sales are insane. Must hard being the PES guys right now.

7. OrbitMonkey

Still a lot of love for MoH. The guys I know who got it (all mid 30′s) love it & wish it was a bit longer. Wonder how many soldiers snuck off base to get this?

8. EscoBlades

This has been the first year that i haven’t bought either or both of the footie games (PES and Fifa)

I wasn’t wowed by the PES demo (although i prefer it) and the FIFA demo managed to raise my rage levels to a new high.

Still, those are some supreme sales figures.

9. Patrick Garratt

Two million’s fine considering it was the first time out, and I’m sure it’ll get another one. Black Ops is going to make it look tiny, though.

10. EscoBlades

I won’t be contributing to the BO sales machine. Trey lost my custom with World at War. Won’t make a difference. BO might actually outsell MW2 (scary thought)

11. Callum

That is pretty impressive. I wonder what the development costs were? No more than average I would assume.
    @9, I just saw a trailer for black ops….I hate call of Duty games but FUCK ME I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME!

12. loki

2 millions wow wow How many idiots buy this peace of shit

13. Hell-Raiser-85

MOH is not a bad game. I like it.

14. OrbitMonkey

@12 Er about 2 million? You said so yourself o_O

15. poopoofruits

@12 lol you kind of fuckd ur self

16. Chris2pher_Jack

The last Modern style FPS i enjoyed was Joint Operations, if they can update the graphics, add in fully destructible environments, add in several extra modes & new weaponry I would buy it day 1!