Rumour – Microsoft in talks to reboot Project Gotham Racing

Monday, 1st November 2010 17:38 GMT By Johnny Cullen

PGR

Microsoft is in talks with several third-party European developers about rebooting Project Gotham Racing, according to a report from Develop.

However, as yet, the company has yet to decide who that studio may be.

It was thought that Forza Motorsport developer Turn 10 might bring the series back following the release of PGR4 in 2007, the last to feature original developer Bizarre Creations.

That doesn’t seem to be the case, though

Last year, a PGR reboot was possibly in the making last year after car company Tesla mentioned the possibility. One ‘no comment’ from Microsoft later, it turned out to be a sound session for Crackdown 2.

Bizarre, who was bought by Activision in 2007 for an undisclosed fee, recently developed James Bond: Blood Stone for PS3, 360, PC and DS. That releases on Friday in the UK.

Read our interview with Jeff Lewis and Emma Jackson on the game here.

1. Joe Anderson

Yes please. :)

2. Johnny Cullen

I very much like PGR4. Just please – whoever it is and if it happens – don’t balls it up. :(

3. NoxNoctisUmbra

I never really liked it, very arcade game. I love sims, how about spending that money on Forza 4?

4. Johnny Cullen

That was the point of PGR.

Where as Forza was all about being the GT of Xbox, PGR was an arcade racer.

That’s what I like about it.

5. Erthazus

I played PGR 4 at my friends house and it was really awesome.

and i loved PGR game on my mobile. The best racing game on the mobile i ever played XD
    I’m not in to the mobile gaming and never played a lot of games, but this thing was awesome.

@NNU, Not every game need to be a Simulation. PGR 4 was good for what it was.
    Like Motorstorm series for the PS3.

6. StolenGlory

The only team who should be rebooting PGR is Turn 10.

I know this. Other PGR fans know this. MS knows this.

Make it happen.

7. DiodeX

Just remake PGR2 as it was undoubtedly the best game in the series, also the first game I played on the Xbox!

8. Psychotext

PGR4 was one of my favourite games this gen… really don’t know how well someone other than Bizarre could pull it off.

9. MushroomStamp

Agreed – I liked PGR4 a lot. Way more FUN than Forza, IMHO. I’ll take arcade racer over sim EVERY time. Sims are tedious and boring.. I like flying by the seat of the pants with shortcuts and gravity defying jumps and tracks… rule of thumb, if i’m forced to use the brake instead of a powerslide, it’s a boring racer.

10. Prof.Dr.Moertel

PGR 4 was really great. But I´m not dure if Turn 10 could handle it, but who the fuck else should work on PGR5?

11. Dralen

Screw That!!! I just want my Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit :P.

PS. Criterion should make all driving games.

12. loki

just do it MS

13. albo88

if there is some one who can do a good racing game thous are Europeans no dub it so keep searching M$

14. cookiejar

Please. Didn’t like Forza at all.

PGR was the nuts.

15. LordCancer

i do not like the cones or the kudos but, ive always enjoyed the sense of speed and feel of the series since msr on dreamcast. i almost forgot, bizzare creations, check another developer off microsofts list.