The 2010 Games Media Awards took place in London tonight, with some surprises.
Nominees went into pre-show “pant-shit” mode, with no clue as to who would take the Games Media Legend award for the year.
VG247 did well here in 2009, taking the blog and online writer awards. The site’s editor (me) won the legend gong.
We were up for the blog award this year. We didn’t win, so Cullen’s ass is a bit sore from the lashing at the moment. So if you didn’t vote for us, you’re to blame for his ass looking like a baboons at the moment.
Here’s who all what what:
- Best Games Blog -Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- Rising Star – Martin Robinson of IGN UK
- Games Broadcast – Jon Blyth, former PC Zoner for the Blyth Report on IGN
- Best National Newspaper – The Guardian won coverage
- Best Regional Columnist Dave Cook from The Scotsman and NowGamer
- Specialist Writer Online – Tim Ingham,
- Specialist Print Writer – Jon Blythe
- Best Website – Eurogamer
- Best Games Magazine – Retro Gamer
- Industry Legend – PC Zone (see Pat’s speech here)
We liveblogged the lot, obviously. Get what happened below.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.