Square “making adjustments” to make Parasite Eve PSN releases happen

Monday, 27th September 2010 15:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

parasiteever

Yeah. This is probably happening.

Square Enix’s Hajime Tabata has said the publisher is in the midst of “making adjustments” to make the PSN releases of Parasite Eve 1 and Parasite Eve 2 happen.

But while Tabata, director on Parasite Eve spin-off The 3rd Birthday, neared on the edge of confirmation, he did add in a further tweet on the Twitter for 3rd Birthday:

“Please wait until it has been finalized and formally announced.”

The re-releases of the PS1 titles has been hinted at before, with 3rd Birthday producer Yoshinori Kitase telling VG247 at gamescom Square was “aware” of the idea and it was “closely considering” it.

The 3rd Birthday was recently dated for December 22 in Japan for PSP.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. RETARDED VIKING

Helluva pic for this subject.

2. Epic Fool

Would be nice, I never played these back in the day…

3. DaMan

these games are pretty much unplayable these days, everything about them feels ridiculously dated. the original was rather decent back in the days though.

is Vagrant Story on US/EU psn? if it is, get that one instead. similar battle system, but the game is clearly superior in every possible way.

4. absolutezero

Parasite Eve is worth playing for the hookey story alone, and it has some rather impressive cinematics. The second is pretty guff and lost what made the first pretty special.

If only Aya wore Ashleys lovely crotch-less trousers.

5. DaMan

it was based on some japanese book i believe.. I’d rather read the novel then ;)

6. Phoenixblight

I have the book and its alright not the best book, has a lot of heavy words, pharmaceutical word, biology. THe author has a PHD in pharmaceutical. Also the book is really really slow doesn’t pick up at all until 3/4ths in. The book is nothing like the game, the game is just loosely based on the book. The game is so much better but you have to get pass the PSone graphics.

7. DaMan

well then, can’t say PE was that entertaining though. certainly not a game I’d play for the plot alone myself.

8. Phoenixblight

I enjoyed the original very much its at the top 10 of all time games for me. Once these games are released on the PSN they will be Day one buy for me.