Move, multiplayer, and 3D being “looked into” for InFamous 2

Friday, 17th September 2010 22:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

infamous2

Sony has said Sucker Punch is looking into multiplayer, Move support, and 3D for Infamous 2.

Speaking with Hip Hop Gamer at PAX Prime earlier this month, the Move support bit is rather interesting because at one time, InFamous 2 was shown on Sony’s Move page, but we’ve gone back to it and it’s been removed.

At least it’s being “looked into” then. Not that it’s an admission, but better than nothing we suppose.

InFamous 2 is out next year.

Watch the Hip Hop interview below.

1. onlineatron

I want none of these (unless they make a super deep, super hero on super hero, customisation, multiplayer mode).

Just deliver a kick-ass single player game Sucker Punch!

2. Michael O’Connor

Can’t be any worse than the first one, I guess.

3. orakaa

Multiplayer ? I don’t really see the point (at least for me). Same for 3D.

But the “Move” integration as an option would definitely appeal to me : It would make the targeting feel more natural, flowing and precise : that would definitely be an improvement for me

4. Erthazus

Multiplayer? I don’t see it working with this game.

Maybe Co-op, but thats just it.

5. cookiejar

@2 Or Crackdown 2!

I still need to collect all the crap from the first one. Multiplayer would be ok, done correctly. And I don’t see the problem in optional move support. 3D, it can do with out.

6. TraceableX

The first one is very good, better than that lifeless game: Prototype.

7. Michael O’Connor

@2 That too. Haven’t played it mind, but what I’ve seen hasn’t impressed me, and the first Crackdown never did much for me anyway.

8. CenoBit

3D, Move, Multiplayer…hell, they can even add support for time travelling and virtual reality.

I really don’t care.
    I just want the game to come out, like right now :p

9. Moonwalker1982

Damn, i just hope adding this nonsense (in my book it’s nonsense, don’t want Move in this, and i can’t properly see 3D) ain’t gonna delay the game.

10. Crysis

I preferred Prototype over inFamous, infact i would like to see a sequel to Prototype

11. macronia

lol @ sony

why don’t sony just say ” we force sucker punch for 3D and move and multiplayer “

12. ultramega

Don’t care about any of that crap, tbh. Just focus on making it as awesome as the first. inFamous and Arkham Asylum have to be my two favourite superhero videogames.

13. Yoshi

I actually think for inFamous multiplayer would work, aslong as they didn’t try packing a load of shit into it. They already have the basic gameplay there just need some modes, freeroam, customization (although I think if they did do MP they would do it like RDR and have fixed skins), modes like CTF, Zones etc they could even have a defending/horde kinda thing.

I don’t think Move would work that well but 3D could be interesting little added feature. Obviously I wouldnt be using it as i’ve not got a 3D ready *sadface*

14. CenoBit

Also, how moronic is the idea behind “hip-hop gamer?”
    “Yo man, yo”

OMG, are there no non-stupid ideas around the net anymore???

15. Quiiick

Multiplayer for InFamous 2? No thanks!

16. Yoshi

Agreed.
    No offence to any black americans but this guy is just a fucking idiot “YOYO LIKE I LIKE POINT MY ARM OUT LIKE A TWAT BECOS DIZ SO COOLZ BRAAAAA” *facepalm*

17. CenoBit

it has nothing to do with black americans or any other race, it just has to do with things that don’t mix or have anything in common.

It’s like Stephen Hawking presenting American Idol.

18. onlineatron

You can’t blame Sony.

The amount of gamers I know who live and breath multiplayer and won’t touch single player offerings is incredible.

If this game gets a mp portion there’s more of a chance that audience will play it.

19. Michael O’Connor

Hip Hop Gamer is a decent bloke. Bumped into him at E3, but didn’t really talk to him much. One thing I can tell from him is that it’s all just in good fun.

Don’t take it so seriously.

20. Isaaclarke37

Please don’t multiplayer!
    I am starting to get annoyed of developers trying to follow the same path without realizing that this is sometimes a curse and it’s not a blessing to have the same things again and again with different IPs.