Rumor: BioWare working on unannounced handheld project

Saturday, 11th September 2010 19:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

bioware logo

BioWare’s working on an unannounced handheld game, according to the LinkedIn profile of one of its QA Leads.

Per Mitchell Fujino’s profile, he’s the current QA Lead for the unannounced title, as he was for BioWare’s only other handheld game, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

Both of Bioware’s upcoming titles, Dragon Age 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic, are listed on its official website, but there’s not even a place holder for this new handheld game.

Could this possibly be a sequel to Dark Brotherhood with a darker, less lighthearted approach that critics said was lacking in the original? Who knows, really. It could go either way.

One thing we know for sure, is it’s not a Dragon Age game, at least according to co-founder Greg Zeschuk. Dragon Age is not planned for handhelds.

We’ll mail BioWare, but considering how secretive the studio usually is, we aren’t expecting to be provided with too much information, if any at all.

Thanks, Playtm.

1. Erthazus

Probably IPad or Iphone. Maybe 3DS, but thats it.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 You know, I was thinking mobile myself. Esp since those are considered “handhelds” now and days.

3. Erthazus

@2 But thats probably how it is. EA don’t make huge chunk of money out of DS or PSP… So IPhone, IPad OR 3DS probably.

4. No_PUDding

PSP2?

5. Callum

Ohh, I hope its a 3DS game as im buying one lol :-)

6. Stephany Nunneley

@3 True, and I “think” I recall Riccitiello saying something about that at one time, but I’ve listened to so many investor’s calls over the years it all blends together after a while. :D

7. No_PUDding

They already did the Mass Effect iPhone game.

8. revolting

Unsurprising. I doubt this is actually a “handheld” game (ie. DS or PSP). I suspect it’s more likely in a similar vein to the iPhone prequel to Mass Effect 2 and the Flash prequel to Dragon Age: Origins… probably for the lead in to DA2′s release.

9. Old MacDonald

Oh, how I love that they’re wasting their time like that. (/sarcasm)

10. 2plus2equals5

If i’m not wrong dead space will have a psp version, so why not another ea game on psp?

11. DaMan

iPhone or iPad, a bit early for any 3DS QA.