Tiger Woods Move HD vid – “Definitely authentic to a golf swing,” says Creamer

Wednesday, 8th September 2010 16:08 GMT By Patrick Garratt

paulacreamer

Paula Creamer has won nine LPGA Tour events. Her nickname is The Pink Panther. She’s included as a golfer in Tiger Woods 11. She reckons playing the game with Move is “authentic.”

“I would definitely say it’s authentic to a golf swing,” Creamer said in the Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 promotional video you’ll find below.

“I mean, you’re holding it, you’re swinging it at the pace that you want to go, and you can control how far it goes.”

Sounds practically real. Paula wasn’t finished, though.

“I think probably the neatest part about it is that you’re so much more in control of it,” she said.

“It’s so realistic, and the fact that I do play golf, and I can see the golf courses, I think, would entice me to try new things.”

That’s an open goal, but we’ll be civilised. Check out Paula, the expert swinger, in action below.

The game’s out this month.

1. Razor

Creamer? Come on, that’s not her name…

2. DaMan

reply fail

3. Patrick Garratt

I’m not kidding. I Googled it, and everything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Creamer

4. Blerk

I think the most disturbing thing about this kind of development is… I’m rubbish at golf! Now I get to be rubbish at virtual golf too? Noooo!

5. Gekidami

WOMENS!!1 ON MY GOLF COURSE?

6. theevilaires

Might just be my first Tiger Woods game. The chic was totally hot, would love to teach her a new meaning to her name also ;) …(oh shut it, you were thinking it too) :D

7. reask

Looks good actually.
    I used to play an old win 95 golf game that I loved but could never master the tiger games.
    I will probably get this actually.
    Nice one.

8. Michael O’Connor

Is it possible for us to have a single post involving a *real* woman where the comments section doesn’t degenerate into a male chauvinist wank-fest? God.

9. night_tripper

@8 yeah that would be nice but let’s be realistic it’s never gonna happen lol

10. night_tripper

@6 i’m totally sure she’d be all for it yeah right lol

11. DSB

@8 Sorry, Cindy.

12. Nozz

Awesome.
    This and (Hopefully) Hot shots/Everybody’s Golf may just make me buy PS move.

13. yoggesothothe

That’s pretty neat they captured the body language and habits so well, like at the end, that was nice.

Somewhat skeptical about the authenticity of the swings though, since there’s no weight to the controller. And obviously, on a golf course you’re not going to get the exact wind direction and speed every moment, things like that where information needs to be transmitted to the player in a more blatant manner due to the nature of video game presentation. Like she said, you’re going to have a lot more control in the game.

Also @8, my sentiments exactly.

14. DrDamn

Everybody’s with Move would be nice. Beneath the cutesee and slightly dubious exterior is a very good golf engine (one that does a good job with the wind presentation incidentally @13).

15. mojo

sorry, but everybodys golf is a total waste..

creamer. lol