Activision moves True Crime: Hong Kong into 2011

Thursday, 5th August 2010 21:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

truecrime

Activision has announced True Crime: Hong King has been moved into 2011 to give it more polish.

According to the press release, the additional time will provide United Front Games with “more time to deliver the high-quality entertainment experience they envision for the game”.

A financial call to investors is set to go off in a bit, hopefully more will be revealed then.

True Crime was originally slated for fall.

1. CaptPierce

Better move, I guess. Wasn’t really looking that good, to be honest. More time will definately benefit it.

2. AHA-Lambda

i actually thought to myself yesterday that this would be moved to 2011! XD

makes sense there has been zero media for this game since its announcement after all =/

3. metamorphic

It won’t good look at all, period, if they continue with their quite honestly stupid choice of having American English voices for all characters. If you’re in Hong Kong, have it in Cantonese (with subs, as is the case with Infernal Affairs or other well known HK gangster movies) or at least have it in Hong Kong English. It’s impossible to take this game seriously or even with a pinch of salt otherwise. It will turn out to be a joke just like the rest of the True Crime “series” of GTA knockoffs.

4. hitnrun

I’m not sure Activision even knows that Hong Kong has some real-world connection to the English language or would care if they did.

This game was just discussed yesterday on 1Up, vis-a-vis how Activision took an intriguing concept and turned it into what sounds like some anesthetic box office bomb starring Jet Li and Mickey Rourke because they don’t like female heroes.

5. Crysis

i loved the first two True Crime games, thought they need more to do outside the story, i do think that the supernatural stuff ruind the L.A. story though, so keep that shit out, also! i think customisable characters would be a better alternative than selected or forced characters, then saying woman leads don’t sell games too well, which i believe to some extent since normally only established franchises i.e. Lara Croft, have success with female leads

6. Robo_1

Gah, another slip. Q4 2010 is looking pretty bleak at the moment.

7. Blerk

The ‘no ladies please, we’re Activision’ story was really quite interesting. I wonder whether it’s accurate? Actually, I don’t wonder – it almost certainly is.

8. Crysis

@Blerk, unless it’s an already established franchise, most gamers are males & most of them would rather play the big Hulking muscle guy rather than the hot chick, subconsciously most men probably think that it’s gay to play the female character, idc either way, imo it should be all up to the player, all customisable, like saints row as an random example

9. f1r3storm

@6: What? October alone is full of games.

10. Blerk

I’d rather watch a lovely lady’s bottom wiggling around in front of me for the duration of the game than some sweaty space marine’s hairy back. Maybe that’s just me? :-)

11. Freek

I think allot of men share that opinion. After all, “sex sells” in every other medium, people like to see pretty versions of the oposite sex.
    Why would games be any different?

12. Crysis

i know it sounds ironic, but is multiplayer games, if i have chosen a girl, normally ppl either think i’m a girl or gay, also to note, 3 games starring female characters have done fairly well this gen:
    Bayonetta, Heavenly Sword & Wet

13. Hunam

I don’t think Wet did will did it? It was a terrible game to be honest.

14. justiceblob

@13 well its sold over 1 million copies, so I suppose that isnt too bad. I bet it wasn’t very expensive.

15. Hunam

I hope it wasn’t, it looked like a Wii game.

16. Robo_1

Yeah, fair do’s, just checked out October and it is indeed pretty packed.

For me it’s:

Vanquish
    Force Unleashed 2
    Enslaved
    The Fight
    Medal of Honor

Which should keep me pretty busy. :D

17. AHA-Lambda

@9 – no i agree with Robo_1 Q4 this year is pretty empty

the only october game i want is vanquish