New Soundgarden album to be day one DLC for Warriors of Rock

Tuesday, 3rd August 2010 17:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

soundgarden

Activision’s announced Soundgarden’s new album, Telephantasm, will be day one DLC for Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.

The 12-song album will also be included in the game’s intital 1 million units being shipped by the publisher at launch in the US, one whole week before the album’s retail release.

“We’re extremely excited to be collaborating with Soundgarden on this monumental moment in their music career,” said VP of music affairs for GH, Tim Riley.

Telephantasm: A Retrospective will be released on October 5 and includes tracks from previous albums, including the song Black Rain which was originally slated for the album Badmotorfinger, but didn’t make the final cut.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock releases for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii on September 28.

1. The_Deleted

So is it a new album or a best of plus lost tracks..?

2. Stephany Nunneley

“Telephantasm: A Retrospective includes tracks from previous albums, including the song Black Rain which was originally slated for the album Badmotorfinger, but didn’t make the final cut”.

Think of it as a greatest hits with deep cuts.

3. DeSpiritusBellum

@1 Given that Telephantasm is a “Best of” I’d say that it’s a “Best of”.

Personally I think making a “Best of Soundgarden” is pretty ridiculous. You’d have to include all their albums in entirety.

I’m only half kidding, but they were a pretty fierce band back in the day.

Also, what’s with a vanilla rock game calling itself “Warriors of Rock”? Metalsploitation is what it is. Warriors of VIP rooms and MTV is more like.

4. drewbles82

This would do so much better on Rock band.Gave up on GH a long time ago.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@3 “Personally I think making a “Best of Soundgarden” is pretty ridiculous. You’d have to include all their albums in entirety…”

I agree with you 1000%

6. LOLshock94

I’m the trouble starter, punking instigator.
    I’m the fear addicted, danger illustrated.
    I’m a firestarter, twisted firestarter,
    you’re the firestarter, twisted firestarter.
    I’m the bitch you hated, filth infatuated.
    Yeah, I’m the pain you tasted, fell intoxicated
    I’m a firestarter, twisted firestarter,
    you’re the firestarter, twisted firestarter.
    I’m the self-inflicted, punk detonator.
    Yeah, I’m the one invented, twisted animator.
    I’m a firestarter, twisted firestarter,
    you’re the firestarter, twisted firestarter.
    starter… starter… starter…

7. Stephany Nunneley

So… what does Prodigy have to do with Soundgarden?

8. DeSpiritusBellum

I think LOLshock just missed his ritalin.

I’m pretty shocked to learn that “The Day I Tried To Live” is only included on the Telephantasm DVD.

I swear, that industry is run by a bunch of deaf monkeys.