First Arkham Asylum 2 details dropping next month in new OXM, OPM

Tuesday, 3rd August 2010 13:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Arkham Asylum 2

And here we… go.

Official PlayStation Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine will be detailing the first information and first shots of Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 next month.

The new issues of both magazines drop in shops on Thursday, September 2.

Nothing officially has been known on the sequel since its reveal last December, but baddies Talia al Ghul, Mr. Freeze and Two Face have been mentioned for the Rocksteady sequel, which will be “really dark”.

What is known is that the game is seemingly set in Gotham City itself, with Joker and Harley Quinn confirmed, according to what was shown in the teaser clip at its reveal.

Since its announcement last year, developer Rocksteady has been bought by Warner, who will publish the game this time instead of Square Enix/Eidos, who had done duties with the original.

Just so you know, in case you haven’t played the original, Arkham 1 is really, really good. Buy it now, and then get pumped for Arkham 2.

Via CVG

1. FadeLive

Oh hell yes. Do Want. also the story will probably be based on No Mans Land storyline but with Rocksteadys own take on it, calling it.

2. theevilaires

Please fix the combat a little. I can’t get the free flow combos down and that’s the only thing stopping me from getting my platinum :(

3. freedoms_stain

OMG OMG OMG OMG *flaps hands at face*

and shut it tea, the combat was excellent imo.

4. LOLshock94

if arnold schwarzenegger plays mr freeze then its a buy

5. Blerk

Excellent! About time we saw a bit of this, the original was a brilliant game!

6. AHA-Lambda

nice! :D

now we’ll maybe get a proper name for it aswell ;)

7. KrazyKraut

but i thought first stuff on GamesCon… :(

8. daytripper

@ 4 ha ha “C’mon SING, SING”

9. abnormal alan

what are you talking about the combat was awesome and worked perfectly it’s obviously your playing that needs to be fixed

10. theevilaires

I don’t know why I can’t get the combos. I don’t know if I’m pressing the buttons too slow or my timing is just wrong all together. But its bugging the hell out of me.

11. Moonwalker1982

YES YES YES!!!!!!!

12. Zarckan

Rumour has it Patrick Stewart is Mr Freeze

13. AHA-Lambda

@12 – are you kidding? please dont kid cos that would cos some sort of event horizon of awesomeness if true :D

14. Armitage Shanks

I read on IGN that the guy who did the voice of the Brain from the the Pinky and the Brain cartoon off Animaniacs is doing the voice of Mr Freeze.

15. ThtsWhtSheSd16

@13 – sorry, it’s not Patrick Stewart. Another great voice actor though:

16. Psychotext

Looking forward to this. :)

17. Dr.Freeman

as long as Mark Hamill is there I dont care about Patrick Stewart or anyone else.

18. theevilaires

As long as were on the topic of batman, has anyone seen that new- Red hooded Batman anime? I heard it was awesome.

19. Moonwalker1982

I have it, but i have yet to see it. :) I can’t wait for the news on AA2. I just hope it won’t be the asylum again, it’s probably like they showed in the teaser. Arkham has moved to Gotham City, how awesome that would be.

20. DeSpiritusBellum

The only thing holding Arkham Asylum back was all the copy-paste. It got a bit silly at times.

It was like “So you’ve beaten ten punks at once, what’s next? Fifteen punks!” or “So you’ve beaten fifteen punks and one giant at once, what’s next? Twenty punks and two giants!”

That felt a bit cheap, and they did the same thing with the stealth sections. It was still good fun, but it would’ve been better if they’d evolved the enemies instead of just adding numbers.

21. freedoms_stain

@20, they gave them shock batons, knives and guns, the ability to throw shit at you, all requiring different strategies to maintain a perfect freeflow combo.

22. DeSpiritusBellum

@21 To me that’s not satisfying at all. I don’t care about e-peen, I’m just there to beat them.

Since a freeflow combo isn’t neccesary, that’s pretty uninteresting to me. There were the psychos who needed to be stunned I suppose, but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re facing the same enemies 80% of the time.

Batons and guns weren’t really something that shook the game up for me.

23. Armitage Shanks

@18 Yes i watched it the other day,it is awesome,one of the best DC animated films ive seen and pretty violent and grim.