New Vanquish gameplay video appears

Sunday, 4th July 2010 13:53 GMT By Joe Anderson

vanquish2

Vanquish’s latest gameplay trailer is here, showing more fast-paced action and plenty of violence. As you’d expect.

As you can see, the game, developed by Bayonetta studio Platinum, is as Japanese as you like; producer Atsushi Inaba told us in a recent interview, the studio is hoping this is one shooter that will make its mark in the country.

Vanquish releases for PS3 and 360 later this year.

1. Erthazus

Fantastic, i wish this could come to the PC. Because sniper shots and other shots much more enjoyable on the PC.

For this fast paced action Mouse is it’s best friend. Oh well, PS3 version for me then.

2. Happy Hardon Harry

Looks like run-of-the-mill material..

3. YoungZer0

I love the fast-paced action. Looks so much more interesting than say … Gears of War 3?

4. Erthazus

@3 I agree. But Gears Of War 3 looks cool too. It’s slow paced and Unreal style game :)

5. Bleak Harvest

I still don’t know how to feel about the rockstar slide cover mechanic…. looks kind of janky. Still, if I can get a Casshern + guns action game without musclebound idiots spouting uninspired dialogue.

**watches story trailer**

… Oh.

6. psybass

*sigh* when people understand that shooters is for pc and not for consoles.
    even in this the video you can see that the player have a hard time shooting…
    the game looks good though.

7. DaMan

they should’ve included a co-op, I don’t see this game being that great without some kind of multiplayer. unless there’s way more to it than these trailers ‘ve shown.

8. Bulk Slash

@6 The only reason they had problems aiming in that video is because developers still insist on putting massive dead zones into their games so that really small movements near the centre of the stick get ignored. A mouse will always be more accurate, but there’s no reason joypads can’t be a decent alternative.

9. Moonwalker1982

To me this looks like it’ll become boring after awhile, while that won’t be happening with Gears 3 for me, i am sure of that.

10. polygem

So good! I just love the japanese – western artstyle mix of this game. I love shooters on consoles (on 360 at least). I even prefer it now. Really. Love the gamepad. This is even 3rd person. This plays much smother and more “natural” with a gamepad imo. Lost planet on pc was crap compared to how much fun it was on 360. So no pc version no problem for me.

11. Erthazus

“This is even 3rd person. This plays much smother and more “natural” with a gamepad imo.”

Said the guy who never played PC third person shooter.

3rd person or 1st person will be much more enjoyable on PC no matter what, until consoles will have a mouse and keyboard support it will play always clunky and stupid.
    Shooter as the genre started on PC and there it is where it will feel natural. Always.

Here is the explanation. Did you see at the trailer how that guy tried to shot from the sniper rifle? That was a disaster.

@6 Never, until consoles are profitable.

@8 sorry, you saw how guy tried to snipe someone with the sniper rifle?
    Gamepad as the alternative is the same thing as playing fighting game on keyboard, but not on the controller.

12. Joe_Gamer

@8 the deadzone is in the hardware not the software, it’s a function of the controller design. The PS3 remote has smaller deadzones but worse triggers and comfort, we need a 360 remote with PS3 sticks but noooooo, we have stupid patents and greedy business assholes holding us back. Of course the N64 had the greatest controller of all.

Game looks badass but the consoles won’t do it justice, I hope they release it for PC down the road but I’m not holding my breath.

13. Dralen

Kind of annoying how the HUD seems to be in the way ALOT. I hope they change that.

14. Crysis

Looks great, if it turns out great, with good multiplayer action. i’ll consider getting this

15. polygem

Keyboard and mouse is more accurate. Sure. Still i enjoy it much more to play with a 360 pad while i hate shooters on the dualshok/ sixaxis. Of course i played 3rd person shooters on pc as well…Played a lot on pc for decades. i’m just done with pc gaming personally.

16. Anders

I like the fast movement, but the gunplay doesn’t seem very gratifying.

17. TraceableX

Of course the N64 had the greatest controller of all.
    ——————–

Go kill yourself.

18. Madlink

@ TraceableX

I thought the N64 controller was pretty good. Each to their own I suppose.

19. osric90

Wow… look at that landscape in the main menu!

20. Bulk Slash

@11 Yeah I did see the sniping, that was how I could tell they’d set a massive dead zone.

@12 The dead zone is not preset in the hardware, it’s a software setting. I’ve got the Xbox 360 wireless USB adapter for the PC, so I can use my Xbox pad with PC games and there is no deadzone in games that haven’t been set to use one. The sticks are actually so sensitive in some games that merely touching your thumb to one side will cause some movement in the game!

For some reason in console games when you increase the “sensitivity” all it seems to change is the acceleration with no change made to the dead zone. Whether its developers who put them in by choice or whether Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo mandate it for some reason, I don’t know. But it’s definitely not because the hardware can’t support it.

21. fdelfino

this sutff is insane…
    too bad is not coming for the pc though…

22. Blerk

Still not feeling this one.

23. YoungZer0

@15: Lol, Keyboard and accurate. Sorry but that’s just not true.

24. fdelfino

@23 yes it is. try aiming with a sniper rifle with the gamepad. It’s a disaster. With the mouse you can pinpoint exacly where you wnt the bullet to go.

25. Wadeywun

I think aiming a sniper rifle in PC games is too easy, but I also agree that the deadzones can suck on consoles. However it should be difficult to line up the sights with the target, at least that way you get some sembalnce of realism, and more satisfaction from taking time to hit the target.

Is sniping even suited to a game as fast paced as vanquish?