Crackdown 2 demo goes Psychotic today, Sadistic tomorrow

Thursday, 1st July 2010 11:27 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crackdown22

As if pre-unlocking achievements and unlocking the Ruthless difficulty in the Crackdown 2 demo wasn’t enough, Ruffian’s going proper over the top today.

The developer will be unlocking the Psychotic difficulty for the taster later today, with the toughest difficulty of the lot, Sadistic, unlocked tomorrow.

“We never felt anyone really played Crackdown unless they were on Psychotic,” producer James Cope told VG247. “Massive respect will be due to anyone that’s going to beat Crackdown 2 on Sadistic.”

Best get into it quickly, kids. The demo will revert back to the two original difficulties of Fragile and Tough on Tuesday when the game launches in the US.

Crackdown 2 releases next Friday in the UK for Xbox 360. You can get the demo from Marketplace now. It’s awesome stuff.

1. Blerk

Heh heh – I might give this another whirl tonight now.

2. Gekidami

^Masochist. :P

3. mington

i’d rather play the Turning Point: Fall of Liberty demo

4. The Hindle

@ 3 LMAO is it that bad

5. Gekidami

lol
    Only VG247 would consider this news “Hot” and worthy of being in the featured news thing at the top of the site.

6. mington

I’d rather dig out my N64 and play superman

7. mington

I’d rather go to the El Paso landfill with a spade and dig myself up a copy of E.T for the Atari and play that

8. Blerk

/hits mington with the spade
    /buries him with the Atari excess stock

9. Johnny Cullen

You’re all mental.

I absolutely love the demo. Then again, all I seem to be doing is hunting for Orbs.

As is the norm.

10. Sunshyme

It’s not that bad but I liked Crackdown 1 better. Nicer graphics, spot-on controls… Even obtaining orbs feels less fluent.

Overall, Crackdown 2 seems to be on a different track with many mediocre decissions.

11. Blerk

I’ve seen quite a few people saying they don’t think the controls/feel aren’t as good, but I don’t understand – they appear to be exactly the same to me.

12. ninjanutta

forget the demo,im playing the full game,its not much different but godd all the same,if it aint broke and all that i suppose.

13. frostquake

Like I said before, Huge Crackdown 1 Fan, Did the I can’t wait to play Crackdown 2 Demo, then played it, and felt like a kid being told Santa was not really bringing me my gifts…Went out canceled my pre-order, and puzzled over what was wrong with this game? Only thing that came to mind was Wile-e coyote and the Road Runner Show…To Cartoon I guess?? I want to like it because of the fond memories of Crackdown 1, but I can’t. Kind of like a Lead Singer of a Band dying and they go out and get someone who sounds like the Lead Singer but just isn’t the whole package…I guess like Journey???

14. ninjanutta

i dont know why but i didnt get into the demo much but playing the full game feels better,just like crackdown 1,maybe the demo is an earlier build.

15. The Hindle

LOL i cant believe someone just said they prefer Crackdown 1s graphics to no 2s. Is it really that bad?

16. MushroomStamp

C1 was brighter and more like a cartoon. I liked C1 as well. C2 is depressing and has a boring color pallete. I prefer intact cities with life than busted up depressing rubble.

17. Blerk

Actually, I can see why people say that. The graphics aren’t worse (they don’t appear to be much better either, though there is much more going on on-screen), but the style is quite different.

18. Anders

Crackdown 2 feels like a game that takes itself seriously, while the predecessor understood that it was stupid fun and was okay with it. That’s how it felt like, at least.

19. ybfelix

I hoped they go for the E3 trailer art style… that’s too much for Ruffian apparently

20. Madlink

@ Anders “Crackdown 2 feels like a game that takes itself seriously”

I did not get this from the demo at all. Completely the opposite in fact.