Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit footage hits net

Sunday, 20th June 2010 14:51 GMT By Joe Anderson

needforspeed3

A new video for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit has hit the net, showing what it’s like to be involved in a cops and criminals chase within the game.

The footage is just over a minute long, and shows the police car trying to ram the bad guy off the road, before eventually doing just that, to burnout style effect.

Need for Speed is due for release on November 16 in the US, and November 19 in the UK.

1. A4-F8

awesome

2. iDaAr

This Need for Speed will be realy great!

3. mathare92

Meh. I’ve had my fill of arcade racers with SplitSecond and Blur… Bring on ManFurismo Jive :D

4. Dimacorgan

This truly has that Burnout feel one would expect (and hope for)… Them takedowns just look a lot tougher now, don’t they?!
    Definitely keeping an eye on this…

5. Bulk Slash

So they’ve spent two years making NFS into Burnout Paradise’s Cops n Robbers mode? That’s surprisingly underwhelming.

6. theevilaires

I totally agree with Bulk Slash. Seems like the same NFS from PS2…oh well what was I really to expect from this industry anyway.

7. G1GAHURTZ

Not interested if it’s not even open world.

8. Blerk

That does look very swish, though. And silky smooth.

I wish it was a new Burnout, though. Burnout’s the only racing game I ever really liked.

9. JonFE

It sure looks like Burnout Paradise with difficult takedowns, which is not a bad thing in my book, but as Bulk Slash says could be underwhelming.

However, I trust Criterion to deliver more that BP’s Cops ‘n Robbers DLC add-on.

10. Robo_1

Looks nice, although it’s an incredibly staged demo. I hope the environments are nice and varied for the full game.

11. DrDamn

Why do you say staged? Looked about as un-staged as it comes for a demo. Mistakes, misses, the sort of footage you’d see if two friends were playing.

12. Robo_1

Just seems like they’re not all out racing. The guy being chased seems to ensure he never gets too far ahead, they have the little dance in front of the road block and then the take down. Yeah, doesn’t look rough and ready enough to me.

13. G1GAHURTZ

The guy being chased seems to ensure he never gets too far ahead

That’s most likely just rubber banding.