Report – Activision’s GoldenEye game hitting in November

Friday, 4th June 2010 15:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

goldeneye

A source close to Activision has said that the firm is working on a new GoldenEye game for the Wii and DS.

Guess the survey posted yesterday may have been right then.

According to the source, speaking with Eurogamer, the game is slated to hit this November and may be a remake of N64 title.

The source also said that Acti plans to reveal the game at E3 and is being created jointly with UK-based Eurocom (The World is Not Enough) and US-based n-Space.

This game is apparently not the same one that Bizarre Creations is working on, which is rumored to be a racer called James Bond: Bloodstone.

Activision has declined to comment on the matter.

E3 then it is. We wish it would hurry up and get here, then.

1. Stephany Nunneley

Miss Cleo… I am not….

2. Raining_Upwards

This isn’t going to end well.

3. dirigiblebill

4. mington

fuck the wii in its tiny infant console anus

5. Dralen

Well fuck me sideways, the rumors were true after all. Shame it’s a Wii game though.

6. AHA-Lambda

I’m sorry but if this doesnt lead to an hd rerelease of goldeneye for xbla then fuck you nintendo

Microsft HAS to give permission for this to go ahead after all right?

7. theevilaires

I was actually playing the N64 version this past weekend and man is it garbage now compared to something like COD4 or KZ2.

Its true what they say once you go HD there’s no going back.

8. Erthazus

@7 Well, i still can play Half-Life 1, Doom 1-2, Quake 1,2,3 and other few classics even without an HD.

9. Dralen

Yeah, but the framerates are terrible on the N64, i’m not used to it at all. I also have tried Goldeneye recently and it feels almost impossible to play now.

10. Raining_Upwards

@9 Yep, as soon as one explosion appears on the screen, you can almost hear the N64 wheezing at the effort ;)

11. Dr.Ghettoblaster

All I’m gonna say is they’re idiots if they don’t re-release Goldeneye on XBLA (and PSN) HD style ala Perfect Dark. I will always respect the classics and actually enjoy going back from time to time.

12. reask

I actually have the Wii so If I want to I can play it but as TEA says sometimes when you go back its only then you realise the advances that have been made in gaming.
    I remember playing COD 1 on PS2 a while back and although it was still fun I just found it so easy compared to the first time.

13. AHA-Lambda