Ubisoft Toronto creating new Splinter Cell project, confirms Raymond

Tuesday, 25th May 2010 14:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

splintercellconviction

Ubisoft Toronto is working on a new Splinter Cell project, boss Jade Raymond has revealed.

Speaking with Gama, Raymond, who used to be executive producer on the Assassin’s Creed IP before getting the Ubi Toronto gig last August, also revealed that a second, unnamed triple AAA title was in the works at the studio.

“All of the core team [from Conviction, such as producers Alex Parizeau and Maxime Béland] has relocated with me from Montreal,” said Raymond. “Where you develop a game does have an impact on who it appeals to… When you think of it like that, I think the Splinter Cell franchise fits Toronto.”

She also insists that it’s all AAA titles for consoles at the studio, so don’t go looking for My Little Pony: Sam Fisher Edition for DS in the near-future.

“Instead of starting a studio and working on small projects, Nintendo DS or portables, we’re starting out of the gate with triple-A only. The reason that I think that’s the right strategy is that it allows us to attract the best talent right off the bat.”

Raymond added she’d like to see 800 people at Ubi Toronto within the next ten years.

There’s a full interview through here.

1. mington

800 fucking hundred

quantity > quality much

I’m glad they are focused on AAA console titles but where’s the love man

can we have splinter cell without sam fisher now please

2. AHA-Lambda

i’ve never heard of ubi toronto before are they a new studio?

3. Erthazus

Pro-Tip: Maybe you should STOP?

4. mington

Yearly sequels of the tried and tested

5. Razor

I’ll work for Jade.

6. DeforMAKulizer

Yup yup… Jade (who is super hot btw) left the AC team to head up a new one which i think just got announced…

7. Anders

I would’ve been fine with seeing the series end with Conviction. The concept got stale a few years ago.

8. daytripper

what happened to ” i am alive”

9. No_PUDding

By 800, I hope they mean turnover… Fucking hell.

10. Johnny Cullen

Razor – I think it’s a given anyone would like to work with Jade, myself included. :D

11. Aimless

Ubisoft Toronto, single-handedly hiring every developer made redundant in the last few years.

12. daytripper

jades alright i suppose

13. Wakkum

Yeah, let’s hope they bring Splinter Cell back into top shape.

14. xino

if it’s conviction 2, make sure it’s fully deniable ops co-op storymode!