LBP2 scans from Edge hit the net

Saturday, 8th May 2010 22:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

lbp01

LittleBigPlanet 2 stuff just keeps pouring in, this time it’s scans of the game from Edge. You can get them over on AGB. We won’t post ‘em here.

LBP2 was confirmed yesterday thanks to Game Informer showing what’s included in its June issue, which was followed-up with a confirmation tweet from Media Molecule.

Some of us haven’t even gotten ours in the mail yet, and probably won’t until next week. Way to go subscription department. So much for ten-years of being a customer.

We’re just giving ‘em hell. Don’t take us seriously.

The game is also in testing at the moment, thanks to folks participating in it getting their goings getting shot.

See for yourself here.

Hopefully MM will start chatting openly soon now that the Sackboy is out of the bag.

1. Moonwalker1982

First one was nice and all, but i barely played it. Hell, i can’t lie…i barely play on my PS3, too busy with 360 games, it is what it is.

2. Tallon 4

@1: Count me in. Although I love my PS3 I think I play a lot more on my 360 because LIVE is perfect for MP.

3. No_PUDding

Cool story, brah.

4. justiceblob

Can I just say that as much as I love LBP, the grappel gun is the most obvious copy of Bionic Commando I have ever seen. Unless there are some Bionic Commando skins coming to LBP (dreams).

On another note, do you think this will support all of the old levels and skins/costumes/stickers from the first one. If so, day 1. If not, day 1.

5. tonynibbles

lol, that twitpic shows an LBP level called “2 [BETA] In Pod”, making PSN status messages look like you’re playing a game called “LittleBigPlanet 2 [BETA] In Pod” its a hoax http://twitpic.com/1kakbo

6. MRxVENGEANCE

@justiceblob Yes all LBP1 DLC content and levels will be supported.

7. AliTheBrit19

So visually its the same as the first? great for a 2 year old game..

8. Dannybuoy

How could you have not played LBP much? That game deserves to be played through. There is such inventiveness to be seen and some of the most gob smacking moments in any game I’ve played. I didn’t really get on with the creation side of things as it seemed to take too long to build something decent. Let’s hope the create tools are easier to use in LBP2. Overall though, I’m dang up for this game

9. Syrok

“So visually its the same as the first? great for a 2 year old game..”

Judging by these screenshots no.

10. justiceblob

“Yes all LBP1 DLC content and levels will be supported.”

I think I just cried a little. Praise the inevitable Sackboy Lord!

11. NiceFellow

God posts like @1 annoy me. What motivates people to see a topic like this and think “I know, I’ll post I only play on my 360 ’cause it’s the best, see, better than the rest”?

Luckily I get the satisfaction that such posts always look pathetic.

On topic this looks good and as it appears its BC with previous content this is definitely a game trying to take care of an existing community – giving enough new stuff to make the jump to 2 worth it without ditching all the good stuff from before.

Can’t wait to try the new editor if all the leaked info is true.

12. onlineatron

I love Media Molecule’s art style.

If you check out their site you can see the aesthetic they have running through every aspect of their company… It makes them incredibly likeable.

@Syrok
    Those two characters look amazing!

13. onlineatron

Oh my

This has all come out of no where!

14. onlineatron

‘Stream allows you to keep up with your LBP earth when away from the PS3. You can see a pal’s earth, put one of their creations into your play queue, and play it when you get home.’

Woooo!

15. justiceblob

@13 Wow… I was expecting a graphical upgrade (although it was never about graphics), but I was never expecting any thing as dramatic as that in the pictures from you link. This is reminding me of how excited I was in the run up to LBP 1

16. Lucky

this images from GameInformer not EDGE

17. Filofax

@4 “Can I just say that as much as I love LBP, the grappel gun is the most obvious copy of Bionic Commando I have ever seen” That may be the case but if they get it to work half as good as the guys who did Just Cause 2 then it’s all good.

18. The Hindle

Lol i bet the other guys who saw this are pissed at Edge and GI.

19. justiceblob

@17 Oh, I know. I was just saying that looks almost exactly the same. I cant believe how excited I am for thuis.

20. Syrok

Summary of the Edge preview

Bounce pads, torches, new laser hazard, seamless connection between levels and other goodies. :)

21. The Hindle