Jarrard: Reach “for all intents and purposes” is its final Halo game

Thursday, 29 April 2010 17:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley


Bungie’s Brian Jarrard has told VG247 that “for all intents and purposes”, Reach will be the firm’s final Halo game.

Speaking with Patrick Garratt in a phone interview, which you can listen to here, Jarrard said that Bungie will continue to support Reach post release because it owes it to the fan base it has accumulated over the years.

“Reach, for all intents and purposes, is definitely Bungie’s final Halo game,” said Jarrard. “Right now our plan is that the majority of our team at the conclusion of Reach will roll right into production on our next big universe.

“We have Jason Jones and a lot of the original guys who were on the core Halo team who have been working on bringing the framework and the bones of what we’re going to do next in anticipation of having to receive the full might of the studio.

“When Reach concludes, of course we’re still going to have some people, a chunk of the team that’s going to be focused on supporting Reach and supporting that community.

“We definitely have a relationship there. In some degrees we owe it to our fans, and that’s Bungie’s way, to make sure that we do right by our game and by our fans. So, if you like [inaudible] we’ll still have an attachment to Halo: Reach, but we definitely won’t be producing any more Halo projects beyond Reach”.

Microsoft announced earlier that despite the Bungie and Activision deal, its relationship with the developer remained unchanged, reiterating what Jarrard told Pat by saying it was still on good terms with the Reach team.