Greenberg: Natal E3 “experience” will demonstrate 360′s “universal appeal”

Thursday, 25th March 2010 17:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

natal2

Xbox production boss Aaron Greenberg has told VG247 that Microsoft’s just-announced E3 Natal event on Sunday, June 13 will be an “all ages” affair designed to show “the universal appeal of Xbox 360″.

“We’re gearing up for a really exciting E3 – unlike any E3 we’ve ever had before,” said the exec, speaking moments after confirmation of Microsoft’s E3 press plans.

“As you may have heard, our traditional news briefing is on the morning of Monday, June 14. Additionally, as a kick off to the week, we will be hosting a can’t-miss exclusive “Project Natal” World Premiere experience designed for all ages and demonstrating the universal appeal of Xbox 360 on Sunday evening.

“We’ll have more details on both events and additional media opportunities for Xbox 360 at E3 in the coming months, but wanted to get the word out now as you make your plans.”

Microsoft said today that the world premiere of Project Natal will take place Sunday, June 13 at the USC Galen Center, and on Monday morning, MS will hold its Xbox 360 Media Briefing at the Wiltern Theater.

It seems certain that the Nintendo press conference will take place on the Tuesday, June 15. The firm has already promised more 3DS information on that date.

We really are pumped. Barking like seals. Let’s. Go. E3.

1. Razor

What have Sony got up their sleeves I wonder.

2. Petulant Radish

Arms?

3. ShakaCarnage

Unsold PS3s?

I joke. Love mine. It’ll be fantastic from each 1st party, I’m sure of that.

4. Johnny Cullen

Hmm…

Nintendo – Besides Zelda, I’m not holding my breath.
    Microsoft – That will be brilliant.
    Sony – This is the one I am looking forward to a fair bit, just on first-party stuff alone.

5. Gekidami

Yes, apart from Zelda i’m expecting nothing of Nintendo.

6. V_Ben

Ugh. So it’s the casual show on Sunday? The Monday press conference gives me hope of some new, non motion game announcements. And hopefully a Fable 3 onstage demo. That would be brilliant. I’m of the same mind as you, Johnny, Microsoft’s show will be a media onslaught, and Sony’s will be a superstar showing of its first party studios. Nintendo will be Nintendo

7. The Hindle

I think Nintendo will steal the show this year.

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

SEGA COMES BACK OUTTA NOWWHERE WITH A NEW SYSTEM AND STEALS THE SHOW…

9. Erthazus

Americans, already excited about Microsoft E3 conference.

Last E3 for me, Microsoft was nothing special. Only presentation was better, but announcements were at the level of Nintendo.

Multiplatform games like MW2 will have few maps playable at Xbox 360 first!11, Joy Ride exclusive, Metal Gear multiplatform – WOW

For me only announcements of games, hardware is something and last year Sony had everything from great Move demo to absolutely great games and NEW game surprises.

Maybe people these days more excited about the show then games. Fair enough.

10. Wakkum

@9 :Nintendo conference was kinda full of megatons. Metroid Prime, SMG 2, Golden Sun.

11. Erthazus

@10 seriously, SMG2 and Metroid were something. Other stuff just lame. Not much and just boring.

12. Sunshyme

Just waiting to see Cliff Bleszinski taking the floor in a Locust suit, roaring “Gears 3″. Or just an old Lancer appearance will do the trick as well. :)

13. fearmonkey

I’m hoping MS, Nintendo and Sony have some really interesting items up their sleeve, and not betting the farm on Natal, Move, and Zelda. I’m sure we will see more on Milo, fable3, Halo reach, call of duty 7, Rage, Zelda, etc etc.

What I am wanting to see is head tracking in games using Natal, halo 3 like movie recording and screenshot ability in their dev kit, new games that blow us away, more on Fallout 3 New vegas, Something on the next Elder scrolls, MMO’s on the 360, more on Deus ex 3, more on Thief 4, some awesome new xbla and PSN titles coming, some Bioware announcements, more on the witcher on consoles, and some new games we werent expecting to blow us away.

Nintendo’s conferences have been very boring but maybe this year something cool will happen. I hope they bring back Ravi Drums, i loved all the youtube videos.