God of War Collection announced for Europe, trilogy boxset also announced

Monday, 22nd March 2010 10:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gowcollection

SCEE’s just announced the God of War Collection will get a UK release on April 30, April 29 in Australia and New Zealand and mainland Europe on April 28.

It’ll retail for £24.99/€39.99.

The firm’s also announced a boxset featuring the Collection and God of War III that will released the same time that the remake of the PS2 predecessors hits stores for £64.99/€89.99.

The announcement comes after SCEE told VG247 back in January that while it had plans to release the Collection in the UK at least, it was not planning a trilogy boxset. However, Sony’s now obviously had a change of heart.

Get the cover-art for both the Collection and trilogy boxset below, thanks to the EU PS Blog.

1. doctorstrange

Stupid to release it after GOW 3, anyway, I’ve imported it

2. Bulk Slash

Yeah I imported too. I hadn’t played the PS2 games so I imported the collection to see if I actually liked the series and so I could be up to date on the story for when #3 came out.

It’s a bit stupid to release this after GoW III. Still, hopefully it will sell well enough for Sony to invest in HD re-releases of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus…

3. Kerplunk

Agree with 1 and 2. Import turns out to be around £30. Will be interested to see if the official Euro price is as competitive.

4. Detale

Priced at £24 from what I read over on the SCEE blog.

5. mington

finishing 3 yesterday just made me want to go back and play the first two again, as it will be the same awesome gameplay only without loads of boring giant wooden cube level ;)

i’d absolutely love a HD colossus. Not that fussed about playing through ico again, but maybe HD would change my mind….only that game was really lite on the polygons

6. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, £25 for the Collection and £65 for the Trilogy.

Not bad if you’ve not imported yet, or if you haven’t done that and bought GoW III.

7. Detale

Sorry, got it slightly wrong before – £24.99 for the first two and £64.99 for all three.

8. Detale

I never got around to importing the first two, and dare I say it as a PS3 owner, haven’t bought GOWIII yet either due to extenuating circumstances. The trilogy is looking very enticing…

9. mington

Thats quite good, i would’ve guessed 30quid. i’ll have to pick this up 6 months down the line when i feel like having a ‘god o war o thon’

10. Johnny Cullen

What do you know? My copy of God of War III just showed up. :)

11. onlineatron

Fuuuuuck!

I would have bought the trilogy…

Still, I got GoWIII for £19.99 via Bioshock 2 trade in at GAME :P

12. ki3i

How did you survive the weekend? When I didn’t see my copy on Friday I was pulling my hair out! :-) It arrived on Saturday.

Yeah, certainly welcomed news, especially for those who haven’t imported it yet like the rest of us. :-) Set me back about £30 but well worth it as I had never played the games before. I have found playing and finishing parts 1 and 2 before playing part 3 an absolute joy; especially since part 3 is littered with references and inside jokes relating to the first two games. I suspect I would have been “robbed” of this (not with all the spoilers in GOW 3 for the first two games) if I had waited for SCEE to get their act together.

Any ideas why this has taken SCEE so long? Were they afraid Europe does not have a large enough GOW fan-base? Was it a “wait and see” approach?

13. Johnny Cullen

@12: Two words: bomb scare.

14. Yoshi

About fucking time lol but the end of April why so late ?

15. ki3i

@13 I’m assuming that because there is no smiley emoticon in your reply that you were actually affected by this. Hope you had no other problems other than a late delivery GOW3.

16. xino

FINALLY..but wtf man!
    April 30!?

wtf that’s the same time as Dante’s Inferno’s Trial of St Lucia…why the hell did they do this for?

Anyway I’ll wait…I’ll be playing Conviction by then.

Nice price too, why the hell would I wanna pay £109 for collectors edition with GOW Collections, whereas collectors edition are always rip off.

Also Sony…what about the special costume? will we get any special costume?

17. Lutz

Sony really are a bunch of class 1 pricks. Why wait until AFTER GoW3 is out to tell everyone this? I’ve just ordered the US version too.

REALLY fucking annoyed at this.

18. Blerk

£17.99 pre-order at Play just now.