THQ planning banner E3 with Red Faction 3, Saint’s Row 3, more

Wednesday, 17th February 2010 15:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

redfactionguerrilla

THQ CEO Brian Farrell has been chatting about the company’s games coming out, and he reiterated that attendees at E3 this year will get to have a look at both Red Faction 3 and Saint’s Row 3.

Speaking with IGN (via Joystiq), Farrell told the site that E3 was going to be full of wow moments for THQ.

“I think we’re going to blow people away at E3,” he said. “You’ll be seeing Saints Row 3. You’ll be seeing the next Red Faction. You’ll be seeing more of Homefront.

“We’ve been talking about it, but we’ll actually show some of our Warhammer 40k MMO, and I think people are going to go, ‘Oh my God. They’ve got their stuff together’, and Saints Row 3 will evidently cause some to remark, ‘This is not your father’s THQ.’

Didn’t know our father knew what  THQ was anyway, so that is banner right there.

Farrell also revealed that THQ learned its lesson with the Wii market, and will only be showing a few “brand extensions” for the system at E3.

This new look at Wii applies to former Wii-exclusive De Blob, which upon release sometime between 2011 and 2012, will be a multiplatform title.

” Actually, I prefer it on a normal controller,” Farrell said regarding De Blob.

Awesome stuff, there.

More through the links.

1. Blerk

What what? By ‘normal controller’ I surmise he means a 360 and/or PS3 pad? That’s awesome! De Blob was a damned good game made slightly wonky by unnecessary waggle and difficult camera controls. It’d be fucking perfect with a twin-stick setup!

2. DJ Deathstar

So this is to be an actual Red Faction 3? They never made it clear whether Guerrila was meant to be RF3 or not

3. Hunam

Guerrilla was the best Red Faction game, it’ll be a shame to not continue in that style. Plus RFG had a weird story that was like half a story. Not like the first half of two but like a random 50% of more broad story. They really need to finish it up.

4. Blerk

I really must get around to playing Guerilla. And Saints Row 2, for that matter. They’ve been sat on my shelf for months now.

5. Goliath

Red Faction Guerrilla was a bit of a let down; more gimmick than game. I hope the 3rd has a more cohesive and compelling narrative.

6. Yoshi

I bought these with the thq pack at crimbo with the steam sales, i havent played RFG yet but i thought that was RF3 lol, SR2 isnt too bad but on pc its really glitchy lol

7. Hunam

The gimmick as you say is pretty fantastic to be honest, smashing up stuff never gets old and the game always gives you new and inventive ways to raise something. The main missions are all very well designed too. It’s not about taking on the EDF by yourself, you basically start a fight, wait for Red Faction and EDF to turn up in force, let them duke it out and you just weave through the chaos and complete your objectives.

It all goes pretty mental when you get some stompy robot action going though. It’s glorious.

8. Gheritt White

If the Warhammer 40K MMO isn’t Mac-compatible, Mac gamers will make THQ pay.

My words are solid-ish.

9. Hunam

Mac Gamers?

Isn’t that an oxymoron?

40K MMO will be awesome. Super awesome I wager.

10. Kalain

I wished that the 40K MMO was going to take it’s lead from Planetside. But, from earlier interviews they’ve gone down the path of every other MMO for combat. Pity, the 40K license would’ve been perfect for a PS style MMO.

Marines vs Eldar vs Chaos… mmmmmmmm

11. RGW1982

@ 6

I Heard SR2 Was Really Glitchy On The PC, You Should Probably Check Out A Console Version.. I’ve Logged Over 130 Hours Into SR2 & Most Of Which Was Freeroaming Online In Co-Op After I Beat The Storyline, Not To Mention Over 100 Hours Which Weren’t Logged Because I Was Just Freeroaming The Whole Time & Didn’t Progress So There Was No Need For Me To Save, SR2 Is The Only Game Out The Gives GTA: San Andreas A Run For It’s Money & With The Online Co-Op It Surpasses It.

The Only Thing Really Lacking In SR2 Is The Lack Of Different Terrain That GTA: San Andreas Had.