Tue, Feb 16, 2010 | 18:49 GMT
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands dated, gets Wii pics
Ubisoft has unveiled new details for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on Wii, which is being developed by Ubi’s Quebec City Studio.
It’s scheduled to be released on Wii May 18 and 20 in the US and Europe, respectively. We figure its the same date for PS3 and Xbox 360, but to be safe, we sent a mail to Ubisoft.
Built entirely from the ground up for the system, The Forgotten Sands on Wii will “utilize the full graphical capabilities of the system”, while introducing players to a new storyline, new characters, and new powers.
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for Wii is a new installment in the popular Prince of Persia series and presents a new adventure within the Sands of Time universe. After leaving his father’s kingdom to prove his worth, the Prince is drawn toward a mysterious realm. He quickly discovers that he must harness his acrobatic abilities and powers over the environment to not only survive, but to save a mystic palace from unfathomable evil.
- Classic Gameplay Reinvented: By utilizing the Prince’s acrobatic prowess, players will be able to perform unparalleled feats from maneuvering through treacherous traps and combating massive enemies, to solving elaborate puzzles in an effort to survive.
- Create Your Own Path: The Prince will possess supreme mastery over his environment and enemies. By manipulating his power over sand, The Prince will uncover new areas to explore that will only be accessible by wielding his new powers, skills and abilities.
- Impressive Graphics for Wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands utilizes advanced technologies to deliver a smooth, clear and impressive graphical experience on Wii. With 15 hours of original storyline as well as alternate paths, secret areas and unlockables, The Forgotten Sands provides players with a significant adventure that rewards exploration and encourages replay ability.
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will treat players to a variety of unforgettable locales that complement the Wii’s unique controls and capabilities. Epic in-game moments aim to have fans on the edge of their seats as the Prince battles with ferocious beasts and colossal bosses.
The game coincides with the release of the PoP: The Sands of Time flick, which is set to hit theaters on Memorial Day Weekend, May 28.