THQ: Fiscal 2011 will see new Red Faction, more Saint’s Row in 2012

Wednesday, 3rd February 2010 22:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

saintsrow213

THQ Brian Farrell has announced that in fiscal 2011, gamers will get a new Red Faction title.

Concentrating on two core games for fiscal 2011, FPS Homefront was mentioned as well, with both to be shown at E3 this year.

UFC Undisputed 2010, slated for May, will have multiplayer with new modes and wider fighter styles and mentions the WWE MMO for Korea in passing, saying more on that would be revealed in an upcoming financial call.

Biggest news? Saint’s Row 3, Warhammer: Space Marine, and more Darksiders in 2012.

Saint’s Row will not be released until 2012, as development on games of this scope take a while, according to Farrell.

The call is ongoing. We’re listening.

He also called the Sony Motion Controller The Arc. Ha.

1. RGW1982

Saints Row 3 In 2012 Now, That Blows.

2. daytripper

not a patch on grand theft auto imo

3. Phoenixblight

I really liked Saints Row 2 over the latest GTA. Great game hope they can continue the same type of work.

4. SplatteredHouse

At least some comedy was laid on to soften the impact of the disappointing news.

5. RGW1982

So We’re Clear:
    Comparing GTA 4 To Saints Row 2 Is Like Comparing Driv3r To GTA: San Andreas, With Saints Row 2 Of Course Being GTA: San Andreas, The Is Absolutely No Comparison While Driv3r Had The Better Graphics GTA: San Andreas Had The Better Game Play, It’s The Exact Same, GTA 4 Has The Better Graphics, Saints Row 2 Has The Better Game Play Even Superior To GTA: San Andreas.

6. Soong

I really enjoyed Saint’s Row 2, it’s more like the spiritual successor to the PS2 GTA games than GTA4 ever was. I know GTA4 has its fans but I really didn’t get on with GTA going all serious on us and trying be arty-farty with a highbrow storyline (which sucked btw).

I preferred the all-out craziness of the older GTA games, GTA4 seems so boring and drab in comparison. Saint’s Row 2 however doesn’t care at all about ‘serious’ or ‘highbrow’ it KNOWS it’s stupid and over the top and that’s why it’s fun. It takes all the crazy stuff from the PS2 GTA games and turns that shit up to 11, tongue firmly in cheek. And as a bonus it can be played entirely in (awesome) co-op too!
    (of course co-op wasn’t possible in GTA4 because it would spoil the storyline… sigh. says it all really)

7. Moonwalker1982

No way, SR2 had some nice things but it also had a horrible amount of framedrops(much worse than GTA IV) driving cars simply looked and felt very lame and simple. The characters and story MUCH less interesting than GTA IV. I’m not even talking about the damage system, physics,atmosphere.

NPC’s that are so much more ‘lifelike’ than those in SR2. Nah, personally i enjoyed GTA IV and it’s DLC’s much more than SR2. I didn’t even finish SR2, it just didn’t do it at all for me. And how people can ever call GTA IV boring is beyond me. Hell..i spend my very first few hours in GTA IV by simply walking around in LC, checking out what NPC’s did, and how impressive everything in general was. To me..this all adds to the gameplay.

8. Phoenixblight

GTA 4 was god awful I sold that to my friend for 6 pack and a trip to the theatre. Never looked back.

9. DaMan

I agree with Soong, hated what they did in GTA4.

10. Bulk Slash

GTAIV was a good game, but in the end the story was too po-faced, the humour was lacking, the cars were annoyingly heavy and there just wasn’t much to do in Liberty City. Everything in it was well done, but it forgot that it was supposed to be a game.

Much like the PS2 GTA games, Saint’s Row 2 was much more than the sum of its parts. The graphics might have been a bit ropey compared to GTAIV, but in GTAIV I can’t paint a district with excrement, go streaking, throw people into a wood chipper, ride a flaming quad bike, car surf, etc. I haven’t even started on the character customisation or fun weapons…

I can’t wait to see what new things Volition have in store for Saint’s Row 3. Given that it’s not out until 2012 that hopefully means THQ are investing time to make the game as good as possible. Also it probably means they’re building a new city rather than setting it in Stilwater again.

11. Johnny Cullen

You’re deluted if you think GTA IV is better then Saints Row.

GTA IV was excellent.

12. Hunam

You’re deluded if you think you have to put a capital letter at the start of every word :S

RGW1982, that’s unreadable man :(

13. RGW1982

Don’t Read It (It’s Not Gonna Affect Me) Also Try To Being More Original..

14. Moonwalker1982

I guess at the end of the day it’s all a matter of opinion. Cars heavy in GTA IV? No not at all…realistic and still very fun to drive? YES! I love driving the cars in GTA IV, and the little details they put in there.

Trust me…i played much much more of SR2 than just a few minutes…i played alot of missions, just never got around to finish it, so v-sync totally removes every framedrop? I find that very hard to believe. But like i said; and there’s no reason for me to lie about this…

I simply enjoyed GTA IV alot more than SR2. SR2 has already been sold to someone else and GTA IV is a game i will never sell and it’ll remain one of my favorites on Xbox 360. If i have to complain about one thing in IV, it’s that the missions could have had a bit more variety. But with the latest DLC it’s really going the right direction. If they put a countryside in the next one, where it’s not just buildings…we’ll have another winner.

15. Johnny Cullen

There’s nothing original about starting every word in caps.

Trust me on that.

16. Enkeixpress

Saints Row 3.

Sweet.

17. Anthorne

@7 I love how people say they just sat there and watch how the NPC’s interacted with each other and how its so realistic. If i wanted to do that i could go outside and watch real people interact and not pay $60 to do it.

18. Gekidami

I never quite understood this so called ‘awesome NPC AI’ in GTA4 myself. Everything i ever saw that could have been considered impressive was obviously scripted and i came across several times in different places to really reflect that.

19. Bulk Slash

The NPCs in SR2 are pretty good too. I remember watching an old guy doing gardening, he would move from flower bed to flower bed and either dig stuff out or plant things. Go to the coastal areas and people will turn up and pull out fishing rods. Near the church people will walk up and sit on the benches and work on laptops or call people on their mobiles.

And of course the NPCs say you smell if you wear the same set of clothes for too long. ;)

I feel a bit sorry for the AI programmers for stuff like this, as I reckon 90% of their efforts are never seen. Most of the time in sandbox games you’re dashing around in cars and so the closest you usually get to the virtual citizens is when they’re rolling over the bonnet of your car.

20. RGW1982