S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat launching Feb 2 in the US

Tuesday, 15th December 2009 14:32 GMT By Patrick Garratt

stalkerprip4

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat will launch on February 2 in the US, Viva Media and bitcomposer said today.

Viva Media boss Carlo Voelker said: “S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat is the third in the highly successful Shooter/RPG franchise developed by GSC Game World. The game opens up a dark world where players can immerse themselves into a gripping storyline full of action and suspense.”

PR after the break. Go grade A mental.

VIVA MEDIA ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN DEAL FOR S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

New York, NY December 15, 2009—Viva Media and bitcomposer games announced today that they signed a North American publishing deal for S.T.A.L.K.E.R CALL OF PRIPYAT. Beckoning players to enter the Zone, Viva Media’s latest release clearly marks the publisher’s stake in yet another category of PC gaming.

Viva Media CEO Carlo Voelker commented, “S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat is the third in the highly successful Shooter/RPG franchise developed by GSC Game World. The game opens up a dark world where players can immerse themselves into a gripping storyline full of action and suspense.”

bitComposer CEO Wolfgang Duhr stated, ““We look forward to working with Viva Media and anticipate a very successful release in the US for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.” The game is slated to launch in North America on February 2, 2010.

1. blackdreamhunk

another cutting edge game coming to the pc.

2. Anders

Wow, that is a worthless comment. Well done.

Nothing like this one, obviously, but still.

3. NiceFellow

I don’t know why, but I want them to release the original on PS3/360.

I still play it regularly and remain blown away by all that was great about it – but I’d love to re-do it on a big HD TV.

4. Kalain

Played the first two and wasn’t impressed at first, but found myself going back to it over and over again. Looking forward to this one..

@NiceFellow: plug your PC into your TV, then you won’t need to fork out £150+ for a console.. I play on my TV regularly with my PC.

5. Mauller

I’ve only played the original and I really enjoyed it. How big of an improvement was Clear Sky over the original?

@blackdreamhunk You make me hate being associated with pc gaming.

6. Legionista

The polish release was on november.Fail…

7. NiceFellow

@Kalain

A few times I’ve reversed that, and lugged my HD TV to where my computer is and played it that way. Bloody amazing, it’s like Imax where the screen is big enough to fill you’re view and you get lost it in.

But I’m a lazy bugger at heart and quite happy to fork out for a console version in my living room and a PC version upstairs. Terrible really.

8. blackdreamhunk

@Mauller

I am sure ” real ” pc gamers are real happy with consoles too!

yea the gaming Indistry sure love pc gamers

tell me another joke