Lost Planet 2 to sell over 3 million, says Capcom

Monday, 2nd November 2009 05:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

lostplanet27

Capcom has said in their latest financial report that they expect Lost Planet 2 to sell over 3 million units when it releases next year. To be exact, thats 3.7 million units.

They also confirmed they expect Dark Void to sell over 1.3 million units.

Super Street Fighter IV is expected to sell just 1.1 million units, while Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles will sell 800k and Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition is expected to just sell 300k.

Find more over at Andriasang.

1. GwynbleiddiuM

Like I even care what Capcom is going to release anymore. They have done a wonderful job destroying Resident Evil as we knew it, and they definitely looking into implement that run’n'gun spirit in their future action/adventure games. Me? If I like shooting zombies I definitely play L4D cause not only it’s awesome zombie shooter but it is actually thrilling one might even say scary.

2. Uncontested

lol 3.7 mill… I doubt it highly.. they just pull these numbers out of their ass or something? good lord.

3. Gekidami

I’m sure it’ll get to 3 million at some point being multiplat and having a now very Monster Hunter type of gameplay that’ll please people in Japan. Not sure if it’ll do it as soon as it gets released though.

I’m surprised they’re setting such a low target for Super Street Fighter.

4. Blerk

How many copies of the first Lost Planet did they sell?

A single-player demo might help things, Capcom.

5. Gekidami

Far as i know that is the single player in the already released demos. Theres no actual plot like in the first game.

6. Johnny Cullen

According to VGChartz, 2.2 million.

Then again, don’t quote me on those. IMO, they’re as realiable as a decent handyman.

7. Blerk

I thought the demo they released was co-op only?

8. Gekidami

Wasnt when i played it, the game pitches you with some AI guys in SP.

9. Blerk

Ah! Way to make that clear, Capcom!