Eurocom CV reveals next Bond game is to do with Goldeneye

Monday, 26th October 2009 11:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

goldeneye

If a CV from Eurocom staff member Craig Peck seems to indicate what we think it does, the next Bond game from Activision looks like it has something to do with Goldeneye.

The CV shows:

Eurocom Entertainment Software, Derby, United Kingdom
July 09 – Sept 09 Animator – GoldenEye 2010 (Wii)
Animator on Activision’s James Bond series for the Nintendo Wii

It’s worth noting that Bizarre are creating the next Bond game, but Eurocom could do porting work for the game, as they did with Quantum of Solace for the Wii last year, while Treyarch handled the PS3 and 360 versions.

Thanks, superannuation.

1. Blerk

We already had two Goldeneye games!

2. Bringit

Isn’t Bizarre doing the James Bond racing game?

3. Bagpuss-RoXx

Oooh…Eurocom.

I live just a few hundred yards down the road from these guys…

Do you want me to go and knock on their front door and ask them what they are upto…see if i can get a scoop for you guys.?

If i can get past all the expensive sports cars parked up, that is….

4. Johnny Cullen

Bringit – As far as I know, Bizarre are doing two games at the same time. A new racing IP (I think, dont quote me on that) and the next Bond game.

5. Blerk

Would that new racing IP be “Blur”, then? :-D

6. Johnny Cullen

Now that I think about it, it was! I blame the small hangover I have.

7. Blerk

I’d blame it on the fact that nobody really seems to give a shit about Blur. :-D

8. Brol

Correction: Eurocom actually did the PS2 version of Quantum of Solace. The Wii version was developped by Beenox.

9. reask

The last 2 Bond games were not very good imo.
    I wont hold my breath on this one.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I think the only Bond game that will live up to the legacy of N64 masterpiece GoldenEye is a next gen remake of very same game (I don’t know why it’s taken so long when the public has been begging for years).

That, or get a cred developer like Rocksteady to reboot the franchise.

11. Gheritt White

Next-gen remake of GoldenEye 007 isn’t gonna happen. But with PD64 coming to XBLA, is that *such* a bad thing?

12. Bulk Slash

They keep going back to the GoldenEye name, but it’s not that which made the original so good. It was the diverse missions, clever AI, satisfying difficulty curve and the controls which made it so good.

In this day of dual analogue FPS games the controls may seem like an odd choice, but I still remember how satisfying it was to squeeze R, draw a bead on a guard’s head and put him down with one silenced shot. I think dual analogue sticks tends to lead to less accurate shooting, with guns just spraying bullets everywhere as people try to move and aim at the same time. With GoldenEye you could only do one at a time (unless you were using the unwieldy dual-joypad control scheme)!

Maybe that’s why I like Gears of War’s stop ‘n’ pop gameplay… :)

13. Howie Feltersnatch

Quantum wasn’t a bad game, just very un-polished. Probably one of the best bond games i’ve played SINCE original N64 goldeneye. Fuck you Nintendo. Share the wealth Rare.