Kojima: MW2, UC2, AC2 are “incredible”

Thursday, 22nd October 2009 16:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

kojima

Speaking in this week’s Famitsu in a co-interview with creative producer of Assassin’s Creed II Patrice Desilets, Hideo Kojima has labeled Desilets’ game “incredible”, alongside Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Modern Warfare 2.

“I’ve been telling this to everyone who interviews me lately but I think there are three games that stand out above the rest of the pack in the remainder of this year. One is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, one is Uncharted 2, and the third is Assassin’s Creed II. Those three are just incredible,” said Kojima.

“Assassin’s Creed II has been watched since before it was made, what with the first game selling over 8 million copies worldwide. You have intense pressure from the publisher and from gamers, but you still have to keep your schedule and strive to improve on the last game. I think that pressure has crushed more than a few creators over the years, but Patrice overcame it and clawed his way to the end of the project.

“I think he’s a genius for achieving that, and I’m really looking forward to what he does in the future.”

And what does Desilets think of Kojima’s high praise on his game?

“I really never felt much pressure, but with Kojima saying things like that, I’m starting to feel it now.”

Assassin’s Creed II is releaed on November 20, MGS: Peace Walker is released next year for the PSP.

Thanks, 1Up.

1. alimokrane

Let’s see how the game fairs first. I, for one, am not impressed with what I am seeing AC2

2. blackdreamhunk

I personly I think that with the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has crash and burned for all I care.

In fact I would say those games are the not the must wanted gamea at all.

Did you ever hear of blizzard! Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a joke compared to a real game dev.

But the way actvision is going late I am voteing for the huge boycott actvision software and pc hardware that sopport consoles.

by the way I dis agree, ever look at anet, pc gamers help out companies with their ideas so they give game devs have much easyer time

A good exmple will is guild wars 2, were ever there is a strong pc community you have a strong pc game. It holds true for Call of Duty games.

3. SticKboy

Assassin’s Creed will definitely be *my* GotY. I literally can’t wait. Want to have hot sticky man sex with Ezio Auditore di Firenze in my bum.

4. Detale

Well he was hardly going to label it a steaming pile of shite with the AC2 producer sat next to him was he?

5. blackdreamhunk

lol good one lol

6. Herlock

I need to finish all games to decide…

7. DarkElfa

MW2′s lack of dedicated servers is incredible for sure!

wankers…

8. pracer

I wonder what is going through the minds of many jp game devs. For so long they have been treated like rockstars. But now they seem to have lost their way. I wonder if they feel it slipping through their fingers.

9. freedoms_stain

I reckon all these Japanese devs bigging up Western devs are looking for jobs.

Seriously.

10. Howie Feltersnatch

Kojima’s mom is incredible.