Uncharted 2 demo racks up 1.2 million games played

Thursday, 8th October 2009 14:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

uncharted2

Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells has posted your daily dose of math over on the US PS Blog, only this bit of numbers concerns Uncharted 2 – which is our kinda math to be honest.

The numbers in question deal with how many people have delved into the Uncharted 2 demo with over a week of availability, and it’s a bit amazing:

• Total Number of games played – 1,217,424
  • Total Number of Kills – 92,110,787
  • Total Number of Treasures Captured – 1,860,645
  • Total Amount of Money Earned – $38,841,367,350
  • Total Time Played – 9,905 days (or 27+ years!)

Currently, the demo is number one in the top five first-week downloads to date, and on its way to becoming the most downloaded demo ever released on PSN.

So far, reviews for the title have raked in 17 perfect review scores, out of 34 on Metacritic with no review being less than a 90.

You can read the full thing through the link up top.

1. lk

Interestingly, I am not too big a fan of the multiplayer, but I am really good at it, like, REALLY REALLY good.

2. BeastModeYMOB

Wow the #’s don’t lie. This just may be GOTY.

3. odessa

Those numbers are not really very impressive, even Too Human had over 900k downloads.

4. DrDamn

@Odessa
    And substantially few than that went on to buy the game … I think the multiplayer only aspect is a limiting factor with the Uncharted demo.

5. Hunam

6. odessa

@DrDamn

“I think the multiplayer only aspect is a limiting factor with the Uncharted demo.”

That is an interesting thought, would a similar thing happen if Bioshock 2 did a similar thing?

I’m thinking it’s probably more an indication that PSN is just not as popular as LIVE for their respective user bases.

I don’t want to sound negative, just wanted to put a bit of perspective :)

7. Robo_1

I’m really looking forward to U2, but haven’t downloaded the demo yet. The mp alone isn’t enough for the time it takes to download, and I like the idea of coming to everything fresh on release day.

8. DrDamn

@Odessa
    Oh yeah, I agree Live is more popular for installed user bases. It was much better done and integrated from the start. It’s also related to the core demographic they have captured.

RE:Bioshock 2 – yes if they released a pure multiplayer demo I’d expect it to be less popular than a SP experience. We’d probably never know unless they released both mind.

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

“I still have no urge to play Uncharted multiplayer. It just seems wrong somehow.”

I too thought like this when i first heard about the multiplayer. After playing it for several weeks, I can now honestly say it’s one of the best multiplayer team deathmatch type games I’ve ever played, it’s that solid.

I’d put it up there with Halo, Fear, Battlefield, Goldeneye 007, Doom, and the best of em!

10. rrod360lol

I’m hopping up and down waiting for U2 but haven’t downloaded the demo as I wanted the whole thing fresh :D

It’s been bloomin hard not watching any vids either but I’m almost there.

11. No_PUDding

Thats pretty shit…

That means that 12 million people probabaly have played one game.

Ir probabaly means 100,000 peopel ahve played 12 games… Which is the shit part I was referring to.

12. Eregol

@ No_PUDding

Whaaaa?
    Methinks your maths be wrong.

13. MushroomStamp

Yeah, I have it preordered but have no interest in the demo.

14. Kaufer

@No_PUDding

Its multiplayer only so shoudn’t it be 10 players per game?

15. Psychotext

I don’t think you can calculate the number of players from the stats we’ve been given. You could have anywhere from 12m people playing once, or 121,000 people playing 100 times (etc).

Surprised they didn’t just give the number of unique IDs.

16. No_PUDding

You fools shouldn’t question me.

My maths is unfathomably right.

17. Psychotext

It certainly is impossible to understand.

18. sennasnit

Maybe it’s one person playing 1,217,424 games for the last 27 years, no wait that can’t be right.

19. G1GAHURTZ

I downloaded the beta last night.

Played one game. Snipers and pistols in the snow.

It’s not for me…