Games stop Buddhist Lama hitting people “over the head”

Monday, 21st September 2009 18:23 GMT By Patrick Garratt

buddhist

Karmapa Lama Trinley Dorje, the only Buddhist leader recognised by the Chinese, plays violent games “on his PlayStation” to stop him twatting people in real life. Seriously.

“The aggression that comes out in the video game satiates whatever desire I might have to express that feeling,” he told The Times of India.

“For me, that’s very skilful because when I do that I don’t have to go and hit anyone over the head.”

Amazing. Further, games for Mr Lama are an alternative for visiting a shrink. Is there nothing games can’t do?

“I view video games as something of an emotional therapy, a mundane level of emotional therapy for me,” Dorje added.

“We all have emotions whether we’re Buddhist practitioners or not, all of us have emotions, happy emotions, sad emotions, displeased emotions and we need to figure out a way to deal with them when they arise.”

Get playing some really grotty games right now. They’re awesome. Buddha said so.

1. Psychotext

Psh. Games make you kill people. The Daily Mail said so… and who is a Buddhist leader compared to the Daily Mail?

2. TastyAcidMilkk

the daily mail haha, i remember thier violent game rants before

3. cachucha

im Buddhist so i love his opinion :)

4. polygem

it´s cool if he likes a little deathmatch once in a while. i believe this wont hurt his spiritual proceedings…there are rumors that the dalai lama is a meat eater…is that right? if thats true its definately supernotcool and he should practice the deathmatch alternative as well.

5. satsugai

Ah mani pei mei hong, ah mani pei mei hong.

6. jnms

And that sums up why he is the only recognised Buddhist leader by the Chinese.

7. blackdreamhunk

he will say anything that chinese make him want to say, just another popet in my books.

8. Michael O'Connor

“he will say anything that chinese make him want to say, just another puppet in my books.”

Dear lord. Are you *really* that culturally ignorant?

9. Syrok

Eh? What would the Chinese government lose or gain from a statement like that? Unless you’ve been wearing a tin-foil hat since birth you really can’t make a connection there.