The release of Need for Speed: SHIFT is just around the corner, and EA released the minimum spec requirements for the PC version yesterday.
It’s posted again below the break in case you missed it before.
However, Blues News contacted EA to find out why an internet connection was listed as mandatory, and were told that it’s only mandatory if you choose play online.
The game will use SecuROM for a disc check with no online component, however, an online authentication for software updates and online play will take place should you choose to take your skillz to the internets.
- Required – Internet Connection
- OS – Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) / Windows 7
- Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz or faster
- Memory – XP: 1 GB RAM; Vista/Windows 7: 1.5 GB RAM
- Hard Drive – 6 GB
- DVD Drive – 8 SPEED
- Video Card – 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB or greater; NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256MB or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.)
- Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DirectX – DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-12 Players
- Input – Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional – USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad