BlizzCon 09: Cataclysm and StarCraft II only titles for 2010 [UPDATE]

Friday, 21st August 2009 22:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

diabloiii10

Update: Ripten is reporting that Mike Morhaime has told DirecTV that, while he won’t give a specific date, Diablo III will be released this year.

Okay, now that sounds a lot better than 2011. Shockingly better. Unexpectedly better. Dreamland better.

Still, we will have Nathan poke around for more to be sure. It sounds too good to be true, honestly.

Original Story: Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime has confirmed to Geoff Keighly and Kate Hunter that the just-revealed World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm and StarCraft II are only titles the company expects to release in 2010.

So where does this leave Diablo III? Apparently, not in 2010 as expected.

We will have Nathan corner a Blizzard person and get more on this. Make him threaten bodily harm if need be – or at least a heavy tickling.

Thanks, Shack.

1. ShiroGamer

so this year or not ?

also Steph ,your interrogation methods are

wicked !!

If only we can actually do it :D

2. Johnny Cullen

Jack Bauer has nothing on Steph.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Naw, I will make him use the fluffy pillows on ‘em.

4. ShiroGamer

wicked I say
    :D

5. Hunam

What… so D3 in 2009?

Am I on drugs?

6. Stephany Nunneley

No Hunam. I think, honestly it was misheard or something.

That’s why we are having Nathan check on it since he is there.

Stay calm everyone!

7. Hunam

I didn’t think for a second it would come out in 2009, nothings coming out in 2009 after all.

8. sardonicgoat

Am I the only one who thinks that Diablo 3 looks way too polished for a game that might come out in 2011? From the start Diablo 3 has looked very much along in the development cycle and I would not be surprised if it did release this year. There are so many clues in the gameplay footage of Diablo 3 that hint at it being close to completion. I for one am looking forward to both, but will definitely log more hours on Diablo 3