Greenberg: MS E3 was “historic” – Sony did a “good job” too

Monday, 29th June 2009 09:13 GMT By Mike

greenberg1b

Xbox 360 product boss Aaron Greenberg has said he believes Microsoft’s E3 performance was nothing short of “historic.” He also revealed that he owns a PS3, plays games on it and reckons Sony did a “good job” in LA earlier this month.

“Last year there were so many big games that we showed. We had Resident Evil, we had Gears of War 2, we had all the big blockbuster and people were like, ‘how are you gonna top that?!’ – and we did,” he told Major Nelson during a podcast interview.

“A lot of people thought it was the best E3 we’ve ever had, I definitely think it was historic. We dreamed of opening with The Beatles and closing with Steven Spielberg and it happened.”

“E3, I think, returned to all it’s glory,” Greenberg continued. “[However], it was the first year in maybe five years that I couldn’t get to the Sony and Nintendo conferences.

“I watched on TV both of them in their entirety but yeah, it was insane. I sent one of my staff and he reported back and yeah, it was good, I thought they had a good show, I think Sony did a good job.

“I hope I don’t get in trouble for saying this, but I’m pretty open in that I own a PS3 and I play games on it: I’m a gamer.”

Full interview through the link.

1. Armitage

Wonder if he has a 360 too?

Seriously though it’s refreshing to hear this rather than the usual trash-talking of the competition.

2. Psychotext

Aaron Greenberg was called into a meeting with Ballmer… no-one has seen him since. Word is that a heavily dented chair was later removed from Ballmer’s office.

3. No_PUDding

Yeah, this is out of character for him.

4. Psychotext

His last interview was pretty good too. A well needed change of attitude.

5. No_PUDding

I agree, I hope Sony is the same.

6. Blerk

Perhaps he’s just given up the sauce? :-D

7. No_PUDding

He was on drugs?

8. scuz

WANGGG

9. Razor

Aaron, come on….what’s your PSN ID? :mrgreen:

He reads this site doesn’t he?

10. anasui

I agree, history has always been a boring thing. Maybe he meant it in that way

11. onyxbox

You forgot to include the part of the interview where he gave out his PSN ID: PS3SUXORZ360FTW