Wed, Jun 03, 2009 | 14:56 BST
Nintendo reiterates stance on price cuts, there won’t be one
Nintendo has once again said that the company has no plans for a Wii price cut any time soon.
When asked about it once more, Nintendo UK’s David Yarnton told Eurogamer that it will not happen this year, and economic conditions may not allow it to happen in 2010 either.
“No. We’ve no plans. Nintendo doesn’t like selling products at a loss. We’ve been round for quite a long time and we’re a very successful company,” he said. “It depends on the currency exchange – we can’t make any predictions there.”
This reiterates what Iwata told investors in May when he said that the company had no plans for one.
“While the price cut is said to surely increase demand, it must be clear from a variety of analysis so far that the effect cannot last very long,” he said. “Accordingly, if we really do enact a price cut, it must be exactly when it can maximize the business.”
More through the links.