Wed, May 06, 2009 | 17:06 BST
Epic announces All Fronts Collection for Gears of War 2
Epic will release all Gears of War 2 DLC content into one retail package titled the Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection on July 28.
It contains previously released DLC Combustible, Flashback, Snowblind as well as Dark Corners, which contains seven new multiplayer map packs along with a deleted campaign called Road to Ruin, which has Dom and Marcus returning to the Locust Hollow and features a stealth mode.
Other contents include an introductory video, a premium theme, poster, and strategy guide.
The Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection will run you $19.99, and details for the Road to Ruin section are posted from the press release after the break.
Dark Corners will also be made available individually for 1600 MS Points the same day.
- Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
- Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
- Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
- War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
- Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it’ll be a one-way trip.
- Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and “processing” are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it’s better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
- Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.