Sony first-party embargo lifts – MAG, White Knight Chronicles, more

Wednesday, 29th April 2009 17:12 GMT By Patrick Garratt

mag4

The embargo just went up on content from Sony’s first-party press event in the US earlier this month, giving new details on MAG, White Knight Chronicles and plenty more. We’ll link to everything we can find below.

White Knight Chronicles

MAG

PAIN

PixelJunk 1-4

inFamous

Uncharted 2

Trash Panic

MotorStorm Arctic Edge

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3

Fat Princess

PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe

Patapon 2

1. G1GAHURTZ

Ooh!

That MAG preview has really got me interested.

2. G1GAHURTZ

“Modern Warfare 2, I hope you’re listening — this is the one to beat.”

Both of the previews read really well!

(After I went found it myself, because the link is wrong…)

3. G1GAHURTZ

Wow. Every time I refresh, there are more links!

4. Seraphemz

I love the concept of MAG.. just wished it would have been third person…

Pixel Junk on PSP !!! Great news !! Again, SONY is backing up its statements this year. They are going ALL out on the PSP…

5. Johnny Cullen

Link is broke on GameSpot for MAG.

6. Johnny Cullen

And as for MAG, it sound really promising now.

My skeptisim has gone away for now, it really sounds good. Unless Microsoft do something which pops the balloon, ‘specially at E3, this could genually be the year of the PS3 and PSP.

7. Johnny Cullen

(sorry for tripple post)

FIRST MAG GAMEPLAY!

Screens are one thing (and they do look good) but this honestly looks great.

8. No_PUDding

More excited about the SUPERB inFAMOUS media.

Damn this game is quickly becoming awesome sounding. Pat and Mike said some people mentioned control issues, and all I have heard is how superb the controls are. So any of those concerns are remedied, for me anyway.

9. Psychotext

White Knight Chronicles for me. Not much interested in the other stuff.

10. No_PUDding

Really? That thing looks really REALLY boring to me.

And I heard the story wasn’t worth anything, and the day I play a JRPG for the gameplay over story will be the day, JRPG’s become another genre.

11. SlayerGT

09 The year of the Playstation? Confirmed.

12. Gekidami

MAG for 09? For some reason i have my doubts…

13. Johnny Cullen

If anything, MAG will hit 09.

There’s one game we havent seen yet which was at the event.

Heavy Rain.

I say if we dont see that before E3, 2010 for sure.

14. DaMan

White Knight is nothing special. that game turned out completely mediocre imho.

personally, I couldn’t care less about it’s plot but the battles ‘re just meh from what I’ve seen.

15. Psychotext

Bah. Then realistically it’s just Uncharted 2, but I didn’t particularly enjoy the first one. I’m really looking forward to Heavy Rain, but there doesn’t seem to be anything new on it here.

16. Withnail

SCEE will want to show off Heavy Rain themselves. Wait for GC.

17. Blerk

Some nice-looking stuff there. Tentatively interested in White Knight, PixelJunk 1-4, Infamous and Uncharted 2. Not much interest in the rest of the list, though.

18. No_PUDding

Everyone knows Heavy Rain WAS shown at the Gamer’s Day right?

It’s just embargoed for longer than the other titles. Like a couple of weeks longer.

So I’d say a 2009 release/early 2010.

Psychotext, I think it’s an average Level 5 JRPG, the fighting seemed tbe good for people, it’s just a Level 5 story that leaves people out in the cold from what I heard. It’s clearly a VERY expansive game.