Fri, Apr 17, 2009 | 07:02 BST
March NPD: Killzone 2 sales put into perspective
Killzone 2′s sales figures were one of the shock stories of last night’s NPD release, the game being outsold in the US last month by the likes of Halo Wars and MLB ‘09: The Show.
That’s probably not so good if you’re Sony. Want some context? Here’s how it compares to other 360 and PS3 titles in terms of speed sold at various levels of install base, thanks to Psychotext posting over on the EG forum.
- Gears 1 – 1.00m in 3 weeks to ~3.4m 360s
- Bioshock – 0.49m in 10 days (0.64m over 40 days) to ~6.1m 360s.
- COD4 – 1.57m in 4 weeks to ~7.8m 360s.
- COD4 – 0.44m in 4 weeks to ~2.4m PS3s.
- GTAIV – 1.0m in 5 days to ~4.2m PS3s.
- MGS4 – 0.74m in 3 weeks to ~4.8m PS3s.
- CODW@W – 0.60m in 2 weeks to ~6.1m PS3s
- Killzone 2 – 0.62m in 5 weeks to ~7.2m PS3s
The game was announced last night as having sold more than 1 million units worldwide. For a game that was supposedly pre-ordered 1.1 million times in Europe. Should we call Poirot?