Capcom announces Lost Planet 2 [Update]

Monday, 23rd February 2009 12:03 GMT By Patrick Garratt

lostplaneta

Update: The movie and some shots are online now.

Capcom just announced Lost Planet 2.

The reveal was delivered by way of an Xbox Live movie download, as promised. The file’s 436Mb in size.

Gameplay footage is included in the video, according to this GameZine report, showing climate changes over the first title, including melting snow and jungles.

Co-op was essentially confirmed: “Players wished they had been able to take on the Akrid enemies in a co-op mode,” producer Jun Takeuchi – yep, the same guy working on RE5 – said in the movie.

“You should be able to see our response to those requests in the trailer you just saw.”

More soon. Thanks Blerk.

1. Gekidami

Place holder news lol.

2. Blerk

No surprise really, so I shouldn’t really be disappointed. But I am. :-(

3. No_PUDding

Oh shit son, best game of ’08!!!! SEQUELL!! WOAH…

I am joking.

4. Michael O'Connor

This is the “surprise” title?

Well, that was anti-climatic.

5. Psychotext

Downloading now… screenshots look very impressive.

6. Blerk

Having said I was disappointed, some of the environments in that video are stunningly good. I might try the demo of the first game.

7. Blerk

Gamersyde have the trailer and shots up now, btw. I’m not linking it because I’ll just incur the wrath of the mod-bot. :-D

8. absolutezero

Wooo I guess you could class me as a fan of the first game, I thought it was put upon very unfairly because of its arcade nature and its difficulty. Its a great game and im very happy to see this news.

I thought it was a more solid and enjoyable title than Dead Rising and the news of its sequel being met with joy has kinda got me down a little. meh, heathens dont know anything.

9. LeD

You can count me as a fan too! Definitely looking forward to the sequel.

10. Prof Power Glove

The original was definitely a bit under-rated. Looking forward to this – but what, no PN03 sequel yet? ;)

11. trav

I quite liked the original and it did something rare for a Japanese game, it had a good multiplayer.

I personally rate this higher than Dead Rising.

12. absolutezero

Well it looks like this new game has taken the snow pirates stuff from the first and Colonies release and has spun it out into a full game.

No more Wayne :(

13. JonFE

No PS3 love or is this timed-exclusive?

14. Blerk

I can’t imagine that there won’t be a PS3 version of this. Unless the PS3 port of the original sold like warm dog turds or something.