PS3 MGS4 bundle now cheap as chips at Wal-mart

Thursday, 20th November 2008 21:16 GMT By Mike

ps3gunmetal3.jpg

Back in June, Amazon.com sold out of the Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle in just in just seven minutes flat for a price of $599. Now, just four months later, Wal-mart is selling the same “limited edition” bundle for just $399.

So, time to start weighing up whether buying a PlayStation 3 with Metal Gear Solid 4 four months ago was worth $200 of your hard-earned or not.

We’re not saying anything.

By Mike Bowden

1. Pyrix

What kind of chips are these? Gold chips?

2. Psychotext

I pre-ordered this one in the UK but it never came out. Wankers. :(

3. Cort

@Psycho, blame the retailer not Sony. SCEE said it wasn’t coming to the EU.

“So, time to start weighing up whether buy a PlayStation 3 with Metal Gear Solid 4 four months ago was worth $200 of your hard-earned or not.”

They may have a complaint from the “Ltd Ed” aspect, but price? What about all those who bought a 360 before the two price drops this year?

4. absolutezero

I bought an Elite to replace my broken as shit Pro precisely a week before the price drop. If I remember MS said “Price drop? What price drop, theres not going to be one LOLOLOL”

Also this is a UK based news site, not really many Americans floating about to incite. Also writtten by morrisslol.

lol.

5. ashers2ashers

Pyrix: $399 = roughly £200, right? For a ltd edt. PS3 with MGS4 (or any ps3 for that matter) – the chips are probably made out of carbon (not in diamond form obviously ;)) I would have bought that over my Elite with GTA IV and Battlefield Bad Company for £280 (pre-price drop) any day. Still the deal at gamestation at the moment for an Elite with Gears 1 and 2 and either fallout 3, fable 2 or fifa 09 at £200 is pretty awesome too.

If there was a mgs4 ps3 bundle in UK with a price drop, or they’d give me free MS points to compensate for my pre-price drop purchase I’d be very happy :D

6. Psychotext

@Cort: Sony’s choice not to bring it to Europe… I’m not going to be annoyed at the retailer for getting it wrong.

(Besides the fact I had it pre-ordered well in advance of Sony reminding us that we’re second class citizens to them)

7. morriss

Don’t criticise Sony, Psycho.

8. Cort

@Psycho, that’s just plain stupid. It’s not Sony’s falt a retailer decided to offer something that the manufacturer never added to its EU catalogue. It *IS* the retailer’s fault for jumping the gun. And if you preordered it well in advance of SCEE making any announcement on the matter…..well, shall we just blame Sony for absolutely everything we can possibly think of?

9. Gamoc

Everyone else seems to, Cort. It’s a shame.