Sierra Spring Break 08: Damon not in Bourne game due to refusal to make more films, but he may return

Monday, 28th April 2008 13:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

bourne3.jpg

Speaking to videogaming247 at the Sierra Spring Break 08 in Mallorca last week, Highmoon Studios’ Matt Tieger explained that Matt Damon’s omission from The Bourne Conspiracy is due to him initially saying no to more Bourne films.

“We did talk to Matt Damon early in the process when we were developing this game,” said Tieger.

“[Damon] was doing his press tours from Ultimatum at the time and he actually said he wasn’t going to do any more Bourne movies, which kind of put us in a bind because if we were going to commit to a franchise and he was going to bow out and they were going to do another movie without him, then we would have Matt Damon as Jason Bourne and they would have hired someone else.

“Who knows? In future games we could put him back in. I can’t talk much about sequel plans right now but we’re not going to rule it out.

“When the game comes out he’s going to love it so much that he’ll want to be in it, I hope,” Tieger added.

We want Matt Damon.

The Bourne Conspiracy looked great at the event, and will be out on June 24 for 360 and PS3.

By Mike Bowden

1. El_MUERkO

MATT DAMON

2. patlike

I’m a bit gay for Matt Damon. I think it’s the way he kills people.

3. morriss

I’m so gay for Damon I actually put on The Bourne Ultimatum whilst I was writing the Bourne stories.

/true story

4. Blerk

I like girls, if any are reading.

5. patlike

I think the chances of that are fantastically unlikely.

6. manuel_garcia

That Blerk actually likes girls or that any of them read the site?

7. patlike

I’m not going to call him a liar. The chances of a girl reading this site are zero, as anyone salesman will tell you. My mum reads it though. Hi, mum!

8. Daniel Plainview

Well “I’m fucking Mat Damon” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVJZkDuVBM or if your desperate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGa29kPBbp4

__
    So it’s a pop & shoot with a slow-mo combat system, I’m a big fan of the movies so I’m half way there already, so as long as I can have a knife fight with a magazine & then use the same magazine to blow up a house I’ sold.