Tue, Apr 29, 2008 | 07:26 BST
Sierra Spring Break 08: Damon not in Bourne game due to refusal to make more films, but he may return
Speaking to videogaming247 at the Sierra Spring Break 08 in Mallorca last week, Highmoon Studios’ Matt Tieger explained that Matt Damon’s omission from The Bourne Conspiracy is due to him initially saying no to more Bourne films.
“We did talk to Matt Damon early in the process when we were developing this game,” said Tieger.
“[Damon] was doing his press tours from Ultimatum at the time and he actually said he wasn’t going to do any more Bourne movies, which kind of put us in a bind because if we were going to commit to a franchise and he was going to bow out and they were going to do another movie without him, then we would have Matt Damon as Jason Bourne and they would have hired someone else.
“Who knows? In future games we could put him back in. I can’t talk much about sequel plans right now but we’re not going to rule it out.
“When the game comes out he’s going to love it so much that he’ll want to be in it, I hope,” Tieger added.
We want Matt Damon.
The Bourne Conspiracy looked great at the event, and will be out on June 24 for 360 and PS3.
By Mike Bowden