Euro PSN content delays addressed in “six months”

Tuesday, 5th February 2008 16:43 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Michael Ephraim, MD of SEE Australia, has said that discussions are going on internally at Sony to try to fix the huge delays between the US and PAL/Australian PSN content updates and that a solution should be on the way in the next six months.

“There are discussions and we have identified that [there is a problem with delays],” he said. “We have been very vocal about it and I think you will see an improvement over the next six months on this issue.”

That’s it, but at least it shows Sony’s looking to sort the whole issue out. The problem is hardly exclusive to PSN, either: the difference in content service between the American and European Xbox Lives is fairly dramatic. Cross everything this gets sorted sooner rather than later.

1. Syrok

Thy better be. An international store would fix the problem and there would be the need to create fake accounts.

Also, I really can’t see why there is such a delay (apart from some laws maybe). It can’t be a translation issue seeing that most demos are multilingual anyway.

2. patlike

They blame translation for it in that article. I don’t understand why “different languages” aren’t taken into account from the outset, however.

3. Aretak

Each country has a different store though, so I don’t see any reason why the UK (and Australia I guess) should miss out at least. We only need English language options.

Not that it really bothers me as I can buy from the US and Hong Kong stores, but a lot of people can’t.

4. Syrok

The thing is though, that the demos I downloaded from the US store were all multilingual. German, Japanese, Spanish, whatever, only depending on the language I selected as my systems language.
    And some of those demos never even got released here.

5. Syrok

So it certainly as very little to do with the language barrier.

(Why can’t I edit my comments?)

6. patlike

Is there no edit link in the top right corner of the comment, next to the timestamp?

7. Syrok

Nope.

8. patlike

I’ll put an email over to the tech guys. You should be able to edit your own stuff.

9. Playstation Store Rant Update « Shufflebeard