Bungie has rolled out a new hotfix that takes care of a strange crash in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep on Steam.
Shortly after the Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and New Light launch, players discovered that having over 300 friends on Steam can sometimes lead to game crashes.
It took a while before this was identified as the cause by Bungie, and the developer has been recommending players remove a few of their friends to get below 300. Overnight, Bungie released hotfix 126.96.36.199, whose sole purpose is fixing this problem. You can now have over 300 friends on Steam and not crash in Destiny 2.
With that out of the way, Bungie updated the list of known issues currently being worked on. These include quest bugs, and a few other issues that prevent players from getting the Gate Lord’s Eye at Season Rank 7 under certain conditions.
We’ve rounded them all up below:
- Players will not receive the Gate Lord’s Eye at Season Rank 7 if they claim it in an equipment-locked activity.
- If it has been abandoned, the completed “Essence of Anguish” quest step can be reacquired only by unlocking the Lectern of Enchantment.
- The “In Search of Answers” quest step may not appear in a player’s inventory, even after talking with Eris. Please check the postmaster to pick up the quest and continue the campaign.
- If the “Firewall” quest step is dismantled after completing Eris’s weekly bounty, players have to wait a week before they can obtain a new one.
- If the “Luna’s Calling” weekly quest is deleted before collecting rewards and the bounty is reclaimed, players will have to wait a week to complete it.
- Some players who purchase the Shadowkeep Deluxe Edition may not receive all four Season Passes, but may instead receive 1,000 Silver per unredeemed Season. Players may spend this Silver to purchase future seasons through the Seasons tab in the Director menu.
- Players who encounter the error “problem reading game content” on Steam should ensure that they are NOT running Destiny 2 with elevated permissions (for example: do not use “Run as Administrator”). They should also make sure there is NO steam_appid.txt file in their Destiny 2 install directory.
- We’re investigating ongoing reports from players regarding issues with PC migration. In the meantime, if possible, players should attempt to retry migration.
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep’s first raid, Garden of Salvation, goes live tomorrow.
For everything Destiny, catch up on our recent guides for how to get the Deathbringer Exotic rocket launcher, and this in-depth page on Nightmare Essence Cleansing, which will help you complete some of your outstanding quests.