DICE has provided information on what to expect as part of its Han Solo season in Star Wars Battlefront 2.
Starting next week on May 16, Han Solo month kicks off allowing Star Wars Battlefront 2 players to jump “back into the original trilogy” via various challenges and quests.
New content inspired by Solo: A Star Wars Story will arrive in June, but until that time, players can look forward to the following in May:
- Hero Showdown: The new game mode is similar to Heroes vs Villains but features a 2v2 new best out of five rule set. The new round-based elimination mode has player pick a hero or villain and as once a round is won, another duo must be picked for the next round. Should a player defeated they will have to wait and see what happens with their teammate until the round is over. The successful team will be unable to use the same heroes or villains in the next round. The losers can pick any available.
- Starfighter Custom Arcade: Players will go up against AI to learn skills for Starfighter Assault. This will be available as soon as Season 2 starts on May 16. Players will be able to try Starfighters from all eras in the custom arcade.
- Jabba’s Palace: The ugly one’s place of residence will be added to the game and available in Blast, Hero Showdown or Heroes vs Villains.
- Appearances: New Return of the Jedi appearances are being added and will be available for Credits or Crystals. Players can look the part of Lando Calrissian as a Skiff Guard, and Leia Organa dressed as a bounty hunter Boushh. The latter is the first Legendary Appearance for the game, and comes with a new voice line. It will mimic the speech scrambler she used in the film to speak Ubese. More appearances are also in the works.
- Menu Updates: Quality of life changes are being made to the front menu which will allow player to hop into game modes a lot quicker. The first big change is the Multiplayer menu, which will be broken up into three main categories; Assault, Heroes and Villains, and Operations.
- Main Menu: The holographic effect seen within the menus is being replaced, and the first part will roll out with the update on May 16. If all goes according to plan, complete changes should arrive in June with the second part of The Han Solo Season.
- Spend Skill Points Pre-Round: Since the new Progression System launched, players have asked for the ability to spend Skill Points in between rounds. This functionality will be launching once Season Two is released.
- New Milestones: Score Milestones for each Trooper, Hero and Specials will be added. Troopers will receive three tiers, while Heroes and Specials will have two new tiers.
DICE said it will have more to share regarding Han Solo season after this month’s release of Solo: A Star Wars Story.