Bandai Namco have gone big with Dragon Ball FighterZ.
The venerable franchise has spawned dozens of games over its decades long lifespan, and Dragon Ball FighterZ looks to be one the best yet.
With aggressive, stylised fighting and visuals that perfectly encapsulate the look and feel of the beloved anime, Dragon Ball FighterZ offers both an original single-player story and a varied roster of characters to choose from for multiplayer fights.
The early reviews of Dragon Ball FighterZ have been strong – and we liked what we could play of the beta between network issues – but a few sites have chosen to hold off on giving a verdict until the final game’s online servers are live, since there was so much trouble with them during the beta.
We’ve rounded up all of the available scores below. All scores are out of ten unless noted.EveryEye.it [In Italian] – 9.5
- EveryEye.it [Italian] – 9.5
- HobbyConsolas [Spanish] – 91/100
- EGM – 9
- Metro – 9
- WCCF Tech – 9
- SpazioGames [Italian] – 9
- Trusted Reviews – 4.5/5
- IGN – 8.5
- Gameblog.fr – 8
- Fandom – 4/5
- Gamespot [In Progress] – 9
- Push Square [In Progress] – “If the online portion of the release holds up, then we’d dare say that this is just about the best anime fighting game ever made.”
- The Sixth Axis [In Progress] – “I’ve definitely had a lot of fun with Dragon Ball FighterZ. The combat is thrilling and the presentation is excellent. I certainly have reservations about both the story mode and the way Z Capsules work, but neither stops it from being a fun game that’s worth investing in.”
Dragon Ball FighterZ is out on Friday, January 26, 2018 on PC, Xbox One and PS4.