The weekly Destiny 2 reset is upon us – here’s what to expect this week.
The daily reset time has changed post-Curse of Osiris, but this one was a little later than usual because Destiny 2 was down briefly to implement hotfix update 1.1.1. From next week, the weekly reset should be closer to schedule.
As Arekkz points out in his video below, the Faction Rally was postponed until things have settled a bit, post-DLC launch. Otherwise, there are plenty of things going on that you’ll want to be on top of.
Here are the details of this weekly reset:
Savathun’s Song is back with the modifiers Momentum and Timewarp: Anomalies. Momentum means that your health and shield regeneration stop when you’re not moving, and that sprinting with speed it up, meaning that you want to keep moving if you want to stay healthy. Timewarp: Anomalies means that you want to destroy ‘strange anomalies’ as they pop up to release temporal energy and extend the mission timer.
- Speed of Dark: complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
- Unbroken: complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
- The Best Defense: shoot down 15 of its projectiles before defeating Savathun’s Song.
- Riptide: without power, Zavala’s resistance has hit a wall. Travel deeper into the Arcology and help them past it.
- Utopia: venture deep into the heart of the Hive to retrieve a powerful Golden Age CPU—and make it out alive.
- The Gateway (Curse of Osiris only)
This week you’ll be completing public events on Mercury. There’s only one, of course, so you’ll want to make sure you do the heroic variant to take out the strongest enemies and get better gear. If you don’t have the DLC, you’re out of luck here.
Call to Arms
Win glory by participating in Crucible matches. Play a bunch to unlock a Luminous Engram.
This is new to Curse of Osiris. If you did your three last week, Brother Vance has one new one for you this week, Verse 10. This is for the sword, you need three advanced paradox amplifiers. Not too bad, just play a lot of Crucible matches.
As of 1.1.1, vendors now have unique rotating gear for you. Zavala has a weapon for you, for instance, that is rotated on a weekly basis. This week it’s Origin Story, a Legendary auto-rifle, which requires ten reward engrams. Lord Shaxx has the Autumn Wind pulse rifle, which is, again, ten reward engrams.
The video above alslo goes through Tess Everis’ various cosmetic items, all of which will cost you some bright dust:
- Legendary Emote: Confused
- Legendary Emote: Dancy Dance
- Legendary Sparrow: Striped Abandon
- Legendary Ship: Sailing Shield
- Exotic Rat King Weapon Ornament: Black Plague
- Exotic Rat King Weapon Ornament: Catacombs
- Legendary Omega Machanos Cloak/Bond/Mark
- Legendary Captaincy Ghost Shell
- Rare Transmat Effect: Guardian Pink
- Legendary Shader: Frumious Blue
- Legendary Shader: Metallic Sunrise
- Fireteam Medallion Consumable
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard Consumable
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible Consumable
That’s it for this week – check in later in the week for Xur’s new location.