As promised, Bungie has released update 1.1.1 for Destiny 2 which knocks down the paywall a bit for those who don’t own Curse of Osiris.
Bungie said earlier this week it would release a hotfix for Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, and once applied, update 1.1.1 would not only drop the Leviathan Prestige requirement down, but nerf Prometheus Lens Exotic Trace Rifle.
Hopefully you grabbed the rifle from Xur over the weekend, and had fun laser tagging the hell out of your fellow players while it was still overpowered.
Update 1.1.1 weakens Prometheus Lens considerably, but Bungie said a proper balancing would happen sometime in January.
Other changes with today’s hotfix include allowing those who do not own Curse of Osiris to access Trials of the Nine.
Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris kept many players from participating in weekly endgame content as well as Activities which are needed to earn Trophies and Achievements.
Bungie promised content contained with the base game will remain accessible, which means Activities which were walled off when Curse of Osiris released would remain open – except when expansion-exclusive content is required.
The issue preventing HDR functionality settings for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro has also been addressed.
Full patch notes for today’s Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris hotfix are below.
Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris Update 1.1.1
- Brought the Prestige “Leviathan” raid back down to 300 Power, making it accessible to all players, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership
- Adjusted Prestige difficulty rewards no longer grant guaranteed 330 Power items
- Adjusted the difficulty for the normal Calus encounter
Trials of the Nine
- Players who do not own Curse of Osiris may now access Trials of the Nine when a Destiny 2 launch map is featured
Trophies and Achievements
- Modified the achievement “The Prestige” and the associated trophy to remove the Nightfall component
- This may now be completed, regardless of Curse of Osiris ownership, by completing the “Leviathan” raid on Prestige difficulty
- Fixed an issue impacting Power level progression from level 289 to 300 for players who do not own Curse of Osiris
- Fixed an issue that would prompt a Curse of Osiris purchase menu when players were attempting to acquire the Scout Report: Mercury item with insufficient Glimmer
- Fixed an issue where the word “Nightfall” was not prepended to new Curse of Osiris strikes in the Nightfall Director node
- Cayde’s Stash chests now grant rewards via the loot stream to prevent items from disappearing into the ground
- Fixed an issue where cannons on Mercury were not functioning properly for PC players when they were playing at over 60 fps
- Fixed an issue that prevented the functionality of HDR settings for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro
- Adjusted the functionality of Chest Reward Throttles
- Players now receive reduced amounts of loot when opening large numbers of chests in quick succession, rather than nothing at all
- Fixed an issue where players with over 84 emblems were unable to see all emblems they owned within the collection screen
- On player inspection, currency display is no longer visible
- Vendor waypoints are only highlighted when players have enough tokens to earn a reward
- Fixed an issue where some players could not interact with items when they had full inventory
- Players can no longer loot the same chest multiple times in quick succession for Faction Rally tokens
- Fixed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were not being removed at the conclusion of the event for some players
- Faction Rally emblems now display the correct pledge tracker stat
- Fixed an issue where Faction Rally tokens were being removed from players’ inventories when the players were creating a new character
- Fixed an issue where some players would not receive a Faction Rally winner discount
- Legendary weapons can now drop as Masterworks for characters above Power level 250
- Masterworks provide bonus weapon stats and generate Orbs on multikills
- Legendary and Exotic Engram drop rates have been adjusted down for Public Events, and up for Strike and Crucible playlist activities
- Reduced the chance of a Legendary engram rewarding multiple Legendary items
- Xûr now sells a three of coins consumable item that increases the drop chance of Exotics
- Xûr now sells the Fated Engram
- Fixed an issue where Vesper of Radius, the Helm of Saint-14, Graviton Forfeit, and Gemini Jester were dropping with incorrect class mods
- Fixed an issue where the Prometheus Lens Exotic Trace Rifle was outputting too much damage too quickly
- Fixed an issue where Exotic weapons from Curse of Osiris were mislabeled within Exotic engrams
- Zavala now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to the user’s fireteam on strike completion
- Shaxx now sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players at the end of a Crucible activity
- Tess Everis sells a Fireteam Gift consumable that provides rewards to all players on Strike or Crucible activity completion
- Faction vendors now offer legendary gear for direct purchase with Legendary shards and faction tokens
- Added invisible physics to keep players from hiding in the Red Bay Box on the Pacifica map
- Adjusted Power Ammo locations on the Eternity map